Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Land Rover Discovery 2se

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:20 AM
ADB
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Land Rover Discovery 2se

Hi
I have 2002 disco2. I had the headliner down to repair a water leak. The car ran fine with the headliner off however the next day it would start and cut off right away, I can get it to bearly run by cranking and feathering the gas pedal but it eventually dies. At times it feels like it wants to "catch" and rev up but it does not. The first day it happened I ran the battery down and I had to recharge it. Now the car will not keep running, the remote entry, the interior lights and the radio don't work. I replaced the fuel pump but nothing changed. I have the headliner back in it was pretty straight forward i reconnected all the switches and the roofs and rear vent control work except for the interior lights. I also checked the spark, It has spark when I crank and you can hear the fuel pump working (I even ran a hot wire to the pump but nothing changed it keeps shutting off).

What would you suggest I do next.
Many thanks
Alex

Old 07-21-2015, 06:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you change the fuel pump at the same time you took down the headliner? If that's the case, I'd double check the fuel pump install. Especially if it has never been running right since the install. Then I would check your battery and alternator. Make sure your battery has a charge and your alternator output is in spec.

Not positive if that's the "official" troubleshooting procedure. I'm sure there will be other suggestions, but that's where I would start.

The following users liked this post:
ADB (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

You need to stop throwing money at your truck without knowing what is wrong with it.
If you want some help.PM me your number and I'll walk you thru how and what to check.

The following users liked this post:
ADB (07-21-2015)
Old 07-21-2015, 11:38 AM
ADB
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
You need to stop throwing money at your truck without knowing what is wrong with it.
If you want some help.PM me your number and I'll walk you thru how and what to check.
Hi Mike, I sent you a PM.
Thanks

Old 07-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Mike or ADB... probably ADB...

Can you reply back with what the cause was, and was the solution to correct the problem was?

Nothing is worse than coming across a thread with common symptoms that ends with "PM me your number..."

Thanks!

Regards,
Every LRF member, ever.