Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 vs 2004 HSE7

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoIndiana
Thanks akrover! Since it is the 7 person seating that I am most after, I appreciate the guidance. What I liked about the HSE was what Gerry said about extra AC vents, but maybe that can be also found in some SEs?

(though the comment from one of the techs there when I mentioned the volume of Discoverys was "are you surprised?" reinforced that these are not as bullet proof as some other makes.)
Yes, many SE’s have rearair as well. Mine does.

I would recommend, especially where you are not in a hurry to purchase, to buy from the forums, or something with extensive service records. There are a lot of little things that go wrong that people ignore. You want an enthusiast owned truck. Not something a soccer mom abused and neglected. That stuff will add up or will become a full time job for you.

Originally Posted by Dave03S
The only models that came from the factory without air suspension were S models. Thats the base model. They also came without sunroofs. Many people change over to coils when the air shocks start to fail so that is why an HSE or SE7 would have coils.
Is this true on the 03/04 models? I thought the bags were an option on the SE7s and only standard on HSE7. My SE7 never had sls.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DiscoIndiana
Thanks Dave - my intention with the jump seats would be for down the road grandkids...I know, sounds a bit crazy but I am a long range planning kind of guy. The Disco will be used at an eventual (hopefully) beach house and I envision transporting the g'kids in the back for short distances.
Your grandkids will LOVE those seats. My oldest does and my 3 year old is very mad she can’t sit back there. The alpine windows and jump seats are basically the coolest for a little kid. But, if kids weren’t in the picture I’d much rather have the bin and extra space.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:58 AM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

"if kids weren’t in the picture I’d much rather have the bin and extra space."

HA, Without those bins I'd have nowhere to store my extra gallons of oil and coolant!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Dave03S
"if kids weren’t in the picture I’d much rather have the bin and extra space."

HA, Without those bins I'd have nowhere to store my extra gallons of oil and coolant!!!
I have to make due with an old milk crate. This elicits no shortage of eye rolls from the wife. “Does this have to live in the car?” Why yes, yes it does.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:27 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the comments and advice. AKRover - will certainly look for an enthusiast owned vehicle...great idea.

I spend a fair amount of time on the Porsche Forum "Rennlist"; this forum has a very similar feel in terms of helpfulness and community. I hope I can in the not too distant future be a contributor based on my experiences with my own Disco.

Thanks!

David