Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery S values

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

I'll take a higher mileage LR anyday...... Someone has loved it to get the miles on it vs sit in a field, yard, or shop for 20 years and maybe it was driven a few of those before it was abandoned. All of my LR's are top notch. No used LR is ever going to be 100% factory fresh, but everything on mine work and they are completely road legal. I'd certainly be pissed if someone's insurance tried the oh 800.00 old vehicle trick on me. I've played that game several times and each time the Insurance company dreads dealing with me I'm sure.

Last little event in 2020 the kid tried his best to play stupid games and win stupid prizes with his Mike The Hammer Lawyer and a lawsuit against me for 200K over the kid running a red light and me clipping or should I say ripping his pickup bed clean off his 95/96 Chevy Pickup with a 20 color paint job. Tried to put it all on me... I had just a scratch on my ARB and one small ding where his rear bumper end hit the side of my ARB. Yes it was awful to go thru, but eventually the kid was found 100% at fault for running the red light (I later found out he did not have a current drivers license at the time of the wreck.....) and in the end I'm sure he had to pay old Mike The Hammer a pretty penny. Lucky for me I had no damage or his insurance would have been going thru hell with me. Back in 2014 my 98 LSE which was absolutely mint was rear ended. Travelers Insurance tried to literally give me 800.00 and take my LR away. I had every single receipt, proof it was an actual 50th Anniversary Edition (original window sticker), and in the end they DID NOT salvage title my LR, and I got nearly 3,500.00 for the damage. I went out to LKQ grabbed a replacement bumper for 60.00, a rear license plate cargo door cover for 10.00, and called it good (I had absolutely no other damage and they tried to total it out for 800.00). Then I took that $$$$ and bought my 99 D2 which was in the accident in 2020 lol.

KBB & NADA don't mean jack when it comes to vehicles older than 10 years. It's all about condition, receipts for any $$$$ repairs, and if you were the victim for the insurance companies policy holder = DO NOT just take what they offer. Fight with them and make absolutely certain they DO NOT touch your title status if you keep the vehicle. Also aftermarket parts do not add to the claim usually. When they play that game I say oh no problem and go remove absolutely every aftermarket part on it.

I've only had 1 LR totaled out and it was my first LR a 97 D1 which was perfect in every way. It gave it's life for mine and at the time I had to go thru all kinds of BS to prove it was an SE as they kept trying to tell me the VIN# is pulling it up as an S model which back then was about a 6K difference in the $$$$$ I was getting back, but eventually when I didn't back down I got the correct payout amount.

Last edited by Best4x4; 08-10-2021 at 10:05 PM.