Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Discovery Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange. My wiper arms must have been switched out by a PO. I just bought rain-x latitude blades with the normal j hooks and they work great. Glad I don't have any special wiper arm...

For the rear, I order one off ebay from Lucky8 for $10. It's a decent blade and fits perfect.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dmatranga
So I looked on Roverlandparts.com - We know Land Rover Parts and didn't find the D1 wiper arms, but if I find them, are you sure I can easily install them on my 2004 D2? And then I'll be able to use normal wiper blades (Bosch) that I can buy at Auto Zone or something right?
Roversnorth have kits for the conversion (and I suspect the other "big" suppliers do as well) they come with arms, blades, and the caps for the pivot nuts but if you can find them used they'll be the same parts (assuming the arms haven't been run loose and chewed out the insides)

Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Bkreutz
Roversnorth have kits for the conversion (and I suspect the other "big" suppliers do as well) they come with arms, blades, and the caps for the pivot nuts but if you can find them used they'll be the same parts (assuming the arms haven't been run loose and chewed out the insides)
Keep in mind the actual wipe arm is shaped differently, it fits, works better and is easier to get blades for but it looks "different"

Someone post up a pic of there rig with D1 arms.

I added an addition spring to the D2 wiper arm so that it actually takes the water off the window...works great and cost $5 bucks for a pack of assorted springs pack from lowes, just have to order blades.

So if you like the look of the D2 arms but sick of not being able to see out (new blades or old) buy a spring and add it to the back. If you want the simple fix buy D1 arms from a junk yard and stop by autozone for the blades.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a great write up by one of our own forum members I believe.

DI wipers - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by nychaze
I added an addition spring to the D2 wiper arm so that it actually takes the water off the window...works great and cost $5 bucks for a pack of assorted springs pack from lowes, just have to order blades.

i've thought about doing this exact same thing. Did you have to get two packs or were there two that worked in one pack? I've bought that assorted pack from Lowes years ago to make a return spring for a forward control on my motorcycle. any pics you have would be helpful also. My blades are fine, just not enough pressure.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jbarr89
i've thought about doing this exact same thing. Did you have to get two packs or were there two that worked in one pack? I've bought that assorted pack from Lowes years ago to make a return spring for a forward control on my motorcycle. any pics you have would be helpful also. My blades are fine, just not enough pressure.
It came came as an assorted pack with 2 of each. I got it at Lowes, but check anywhere and just get a few that you think might work and play with it.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Winching
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I brought my blades into NAPA and they were able to match up with some. I did have to use my original metal tabs from my 2001 instead of the ones that came with the blades though. I've used them for 3 months now with no problems.