Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

22's on a D2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22's on a D2 ?

hey everybody . good to join these forums . i got a 2000 D2 been driving it for 4 years now . its time to change the tires and i thought i might as well get some nice rims . i really like those redbourne saxons but i couldnt make up my mind as far as size . i'd like 20's or 22's . anybody got some input ? which is better ? are they too big for a D2 body size ? how bad would the ride be affected ? potholes bending my rims ? ... it wont be used offroad and is a daily driver . 22's on a D2 would look like that in the pic . like them a lot but not sure if its something practical . thanks !

[IMG]local://upfiles/8547/4A7EC289971B403DB10899CFDAB31813.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 22's on a D2 ?

Look silly, if you have 16" stay with them if you must,,,,,,
go with larger wheels put OEM 18" on it.

If you have 16" wheels most people want them, you could trade
for some 18",,, but no larger after all it is a "Land" Rover.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: freestyler

hey everybody . good to join these forums . i got a 2000 D2 been driving it for 4 years now . its time to change the tires and i thought i might as well get some nice rims . i really like those redbourne saxons but i couldnt make up my mind as far as size . i'd like 20's or 22's . anybody got some input ? which is better ? are they too big for a D2 body size ? how bad would the ride be affected ? potholes bending my rims ? ... it wont be used offroad and is a daily driver . 22's on a D2 would look like that in the pic . like them a lot but not sure if its something practical . thanks !

[IMG]local://upfiles/8547/4A7EC289971B403DB10899CFDAB31813.jpg[/IMG]
Sell your Disco' and buy an Escalade and put your stupid, ugly, useless phuckingDubs on that.

Pitiful.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Well, needless to say there aren't many Disco owners that agree with you.
My belief is the cost wy to much money, ride like a cattle truck, wear out before you have even gotten over the price you paid and in general, look really stupid on a Disco.
From the mechanical side of things, I don't think you can make a 22" wheel work on that hub, much less the hub won't take the added starin of such a big wheel.
Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is the truth.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

please remember you are driving a 5300lb truck. You are adding steel heavy rims to the ends of an already weak drivline. These trucks are full time 4X4, so the power is distributed to all four, negating the need for heavy diffs and such. If you add these behemoths, you are going to wear out your driveline. Get what you like, but be advised you are messing up your truck. Don't add things that aren't supposed to go on it and then gripe about LR being crappy when it breaks.

........and I don't like the looks. Get some factory 18's. I think the new 19's might even fit, keep in mind the factory rims are an aluminum alloy and made just for LR (not sure this is true for the larger rims, but my 16's are). Hard to find aftermarket rims because no one wants the liability.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, no need to flame, at least you were intelligent enough to ask before doing it. As you suggested yourself, the Discovery is too small for such big wheels, and also has a body style that looks better with 16s, bigger tires and small lift. I say 18s at the most.

Remember that the Discovery's look is not liked by everyone, and if on top of that, you look stupid to those who actually do like them, you definitely loose all the way.

But you know what??? In the end, to each his own!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don’t you understand how important it is when rolling through the 818 to Buss-Da-Bling for da whoes.

!!! Help I pulled into a parking space and just got stuck in a spot of oil.

For real MOHAMED. Be smart and save your money. There are much better ways to impress the chicks. Do you remember when guys were pimping out their Mini-trucks with those offset pizza cutter tires and whitewalls? That trend lasted 6 months.

I was listening to the radio a while back and there was an entrepreneur talking about his auto business. His company leases rims/tires to people (who don’t understand money). In many cases people were putting leased wheels on leased vehicles. By time they completed the wheel lease and paid for: the service fee, install fee, storage of originals fee, wheel removal fee, tire wear fee, and wheel restoration fees they could have purchased the wheels 3.25 times over. And his company would finance the6 month lease for up to three years. % APR?

Go with the spinners!!!

MWmG

Old 11-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don’t you understand how important it is when rolling through the 818 to Buss-Da-Bling for da whoes.
LMFAO!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol wow looks like i got my answer . i already got the factory 18's on it so i guess ill stick with them and just change the tires . tell u the truth im outfitting it with a lot of accessories and i run out of ideas except the wheels . wantit to look like a one of a kind disco . trust me im not a narrow minded LR owner and i definately wouldnt gripe about LR . i love my disco even though it cost me maybe over 10 grand in repairs throughout those years lol . ill postits pic here soon . thanks for the input !