Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

235/85/r16 TreadWright Crawler M/T's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
Well I checked again and now it just shows out of stock. Maybe they decided to start making them again.
They probably will, they were "Out Of Stock" for whatever reason last time I check a month or so ago.

Originally Posted by kenk
I had a set of them on an Isuzu Trooper I had. They were unstoppable in mud, but they were LOUD on the highwayn -'course some of it was probably the awesome(HA!) sound insulation that '87 trooper had.
Mine are actually extremely quiet. Drove down the road at about 60 last night with the windows down and couldn't hear them over the wind noise.

Originally Posted by FightOnUSC79
What size and make of lift are you running?
3" Old Mand Emu, now with TerraFirma long travel shocks.

Originally Posted by thebloody
Dude, that looks sharp.
Thanks

Also where did you get those rims? Are they these just painted black? Wheel - 16 X 7 - Silver Steel (RRC114560MUW Same Fit As Genuine Part # RRC114560MUW) - Land Rover wheel accessories from Atlantic British Reason I ask is because I have the same ones and am looking to get a matching one for my spare.
Yep, that is them.
Name:  Photo0250.jpg
Views: 1772
Size:  153.9 KB
Name:  Photo0251.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  135.8 KB

Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
They probably will, they were "Out Of Stock" for whatever reason last time I check a month or so ago.

Mine are actually extremely quiet. Drove down the road at about 60 last night with the windows down and couldn't hear them over the wind noise.

3" Old Mand Emu, now with TerraFirma long travel shocks.

Thanks

Yep, that is them.

Awesome thanks, I have ordered it from them. Once I get my roof rack my truck will look very similar, except it will be in white .

Old 02-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

There was a different part number for those wheels, that was black from the factory. It's been discontinued.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

***Mild Hijack Alert***

Mr. Wolf

Where'd you source those rims? I've been thinking of trying to pilfer some out of P38's as those rims were used as the spares in the lower trim models, just wondering where you got them, as you obviously got them used.

---

P.S. - It is my opinion that you have one of the best looking and most functional Discovery's I have ever seen. Nice work.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome thanks, I have ordered it from them. Once I get my roof rack my truck will look very similar, except it will be in white .
Awesome, I wish mine was white. It may be one day, but the green has grown on me over time. :P

Originally Posted by jafir
There was a different part number for those wheels, that was black from the factory. It's been discontinued.
Not much use then unfortunately.

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
***Mild Hijack Alert***

Mr. Wolf

Where'd you source those rims? I've been thinking of trying to pilfer some out of P38's as those rims were used as the spares in the lower trim models, just wondering where you got them, as you obviously got them used.

---

P.S. - It is my opinion that you have one of the best looking and most functional Discovery's I have ever seen. Nice work.

I actually just got lucky and purchased them from a guy local to the area. Other than sourcing them like that, the only other available ways I have heard to get them is either purchasing from the dealer or Atlantic British.

P.S.- Thank you

Old 02-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Rock Crawling

Looks great.

I just installed the Nitto trail grappler since I wasn't willing to keep waiting for tread wright.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wolf- how do you like that size compared to the 265/75s? They are narrower and just a bit taller, right? Do they make your Disco a little more tippy in the corners? My ride looks a lot like yours, and I've been happy with the 265s, but I've always preferred a taller skinny tire off road, on bigger trucks anyway.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
Not much use then unfortunately.
unless you are looking for used part. The numbers are stamped into the wheel.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
***Mild Hijack Alert***

Mr. Wolf

---

AB has some bargin bin ones for $124 Wheel 16 X 7 Steel Wheel - Land Rover wheel accessories from Atlantic British, they are silver though.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AB has some bargin bin ones for $124 Wheel 16 X 7 Steel Wheel - Land Rover wheel accessories from Atlantic British, they are silver though.
Thx...although if I get some, I want to spend a total of $124, much easier to justify that way. Too many other things on the "NEEDS" list to keep messing with the "WANTS."

Quick Reply: 235/85/r16 TreadWright Crawler M/T's