Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" Rovertym springs on Disco 2 question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007 | 12:07 AM
|
4wd Low
Default 3" Rovertym springs on Disco 2 question.

Hope someone can help me... I owned a 2004LR Disco 2 SE. I am hoping tomodify it heavilyfor long range expedition/offroad trips. The first phase of the vehicle modification was giving it a 3 inch Rovertym lift all around. I chose a local indepedent Land Rover service shop for the work. He installed RR1-3 springs with OME-N108 shocksinthe rear axle and RR4-2 with OME-N107 up front. Afterbringingmy newly lifted vehicle home and brought it out to a wide, flat, open school parking lot to see the lift work done. I noticed the front end sits lower than the rear. The front nose dive downward slightly as I suspect the cause is due to the mechanic choice in using the 2 inch springs up front instead of 3 inch. Something is definitely not right to me though the mechanic has reassured me a few times over that this is his normal spring selections as he have done many lifts on D2 before mine.

However, I'm still not satisfy as I would think that he should have went with RR4-3 front to balance with RR1-3 in the back. I'm planning to add aheavyARB full bumper with winch in about 6 months and would hate to see whole front end drop more from its current stance.

My question is shouldI bring the vehicle backto have him switch out the front springs to 3 inch? Is the mechanic just usinga 2inch springsreadily availablefrom his shelf in order to make a sales? If I installed RR4-3 will the main drive axle touch the main vehicle frame's cross member bar because that area is now higher? Any help with be truly appreciated.

The following users liked this post:
jacobmstein (02-24-2021)
Old 06-02-2007 | 07:04 AM
Administrator
Default RE: 3" Rovertym springs on Disco 2 question.

John,
Last I heard RTE was temporarily out of springs, that may be why your mechanic went to the 2" fronts, he couldn't get ther 3" springs.
Call me and let me make a few suggestions as the measuring , spring replacement and the shocks.
Mike
303-862-7680
Colorado

Old 06-02-2007 | 09:41 AM
Overlanding

I just ordered a 3 inch lift from RoverTym, and am expecting it the week of the 11th... They told me when I ordered that its a 3 week turn around due the the Rancho shocks getting a face lift...

Old 06-02-2007 | 10:00 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

John,
Last I heard RTE was temporarily out of springs, that may be why your mechanic went to the 2" fronts, he couldn't get ther 3" springs.
Call me and let me make a few suggestions as the measuring , spring replacement and the shocks. I also have some concern regarding your using the OME shocks, I have them on my truck and they are just a little short for the back of my truck and i am pushing a 3" lift.

Mike
303-862-7680
Colorado

Old 06-03-2007 | 01:03 PM
|
4wd Low

Hi Mike,

After our phone conversation yesterday, I took your advice and measured the lifted height of my '04 D2. I measured from the center of the rim to the middle of the fender well, and repeated this for allfour wheels. Surprisingly, all four wheels measured to exactly 22 inch! It's funny because when I look at it again yesterday afternoon, the front nose angle still stands (about 1inch my guess) lower than rear? I am still confuse. Perhaps I will contact Rovertym and ask for their assistance on this.

I would like to hear from anyonethat ownedD2's and installed 3 inch Rovertym lift springs front and back.

Great forums, Mike!

Thank

John
JohnLRDisco04

Old 06-03-2007 | 01:35 PM
Administrator

I suggested you measure from the ground to the wheel well opening, going thru the center of the wheel, not from the center of the wheel to the wheel well opening. Measure it and call me.
Mike

Old 09-15-2011 | 09:52 PM
Three Wheeling

So what all needs to be done (brake line extension type stuff) to install a 3" OME lift? If there isn't too much additional stuff I would like to go with the 3" rather than 2".

Old 09-16-2011 | 06:53 AM
Baja

at 3 inch I believe you have to do brake lines and reroute or extend the wheel sensors. You also run into issues with drive shaft angles, front frame support hitting the drive shaft, and a few other things.

Last edited by drowssap; 09-16-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2011 | 07:00 AM

just ss brake lines and you might want to get rid of the rotoflex for a u-joint other than that dislocate the abs sensor lines and you are good to go. i would also ditch the anti-sway bars if you have an HD lift. they really restrict the travel. but it will affect your ride if you use it as a daily driver.

Old 09-16-2011 | 12:11 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
just ss brake lines and you might want to get rid of the rotoflex for a u-joint other than that dislocate the abs sensor lines and you are good to go. i would also ditch the anti-sway bars if you have an HD lift. they really restrict the travel. but it will affect your ride if you use it as a daily driver.
I am new so please be patient... I already have a u-joint but what is "ss brake lines"? Extend? I do plan to go with HD lift, so how much will removing the anti-sway bars affect ride/handling? This is a daily driver.

Quick Reply: 3" Rovertym springs on Disco 2 question.