Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amegos / Overdive

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Amegos / Overdive

Guys when it rains it pours if you know what I mean.
I have 2001 DISCOVERY series II, I've heard of the 3 Amego lights coming on at the same time, had it scaned I was told it was the front passenger ABS sensor but that I had to replace the whole hub assembley to really fix the problem.
Any feedback on this and if in fact this is true, or can I just get buy with just the sensor.
Where can I get the best prices other than the dealer.

To make things more interesting my over drive does not engage. The 1st-4th shift fine?
My Drive light blinks on the shifter and on the dash.
could this be a blown fuse, as you know the gas mileage isn't the best but now with over drive not working, its really bad on gas.
Your input would be appreciated.

Regards.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: 3 Amegos / Overdive

p.s. the vehicle has 90k on it.

any ideas?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you have the dealer scan the codes? Best thing to do first time is to clear the codes and see if they come back. Find a small Rover shop and have them clear them. If they come back, you know where to start. Just because a sensor is bad, doesn't mean you need a new hub.

I have a different model and haven't experienced a flashing D, but I don't think you have overdrive.....Might just have your TCU scanned for codes while looking into the 3 Amigo's. Dealer won't just reset them usually, so I would find a small rover shop..

Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 PM
4th Gear

Thankx okdiscoguy for your input.
I had code clearedlights came back, sould the sensor be sufficient? w/ replacing hub.

On the overdrive issue your right I'm nit sure if I have overdrive or not.
I dont know what is causing the "D" , "M", "S" lights to flash.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

If the same code came back on, usually the replacement of the sensor or it's wiring harness is usually all that is needed. The hub can also cause the fault code to come up if it has some bearing wear which will cause the ECU to get a bad signal because the sensor ring is moving around on the warn bearings, so yes, based on the fact you are at 90K, you may have some wear showing up.
By the way, there are good guaranteed used hubs available at, http://www.roverlandparts.com/index....TS&Category=97
for $195, much less then dealer new prices.
As for the tranny, how often do you change your fluid, when was it last done? It can be mechanical or electrical. If it has been changed recently I would suggest you do a fluid only change, no filter is needed after the 30K has been performed, and add a bottle of Lucas tranny additive, see if that frees up the torque converter lock up, if not go to a tranny shop, not the dealer and have them scan for errors as already mentioned.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:37 AM
4th Gear

disco Mike , thanks a bunch that web site is very reasonable on prices I will take it from here.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Let us know how it all turns out.