Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos & ALL Brake Lights Out...Can't find answer in forums.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3 Amigos & ALL Brake Lights Out...Can't find answer in forums.

First, I have done a search on the forums and the mighty Google concerning the 3 Amigos, but have another problem which I am not sure is 3 Amigos related. I've had my beloved 2000 Disco II for about 9 years now and this is the first time I've had the retched 3 amigo lights go on. However, I've got another problem...All of my brake lights don't work... I've checked all the bulbs and they are fine...Also checked the Brake/reverse lights fuse and replaced just in case, but still don't work. The reverse lights do work so definitely not the fuse. No other warning lights on the dash except for 3 Amigos...

Based on all my reading on the forums and net, I haven't seen any mention about the brake lights not working due to 3 Amigos unless I missed something?? If the ABS goes out, does this mean the brake lights automatically don't work? Unfortunately, I don't know if the brake lights were not working before the 3 Amigos showed up. I just happened to get my oil changed when the service guys noticed it. e-Brake, e-brake dash light, and brakes (fortunately) do work. Just no bloody brake lights when I hit the pedal.

Any help/suggestions for a new and frustrated member is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Mudding

try a brake switch by the pedal

Old 08-02-2011, 02:31 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by socalrovershop
try a brake switch by the pedal

Thanks socalrovershop for the quick response... Please forgive my ignorance, I don't know as much as I should about cars....I just tried searching for the brake light switch, but cannot find it. Directly above the brake pedal is black molding/covers. Do I need to take those off first in order to get to the brake light switch? Once I do find it, what should I look for or do next to test it?

I did a quick search on google and found this:

LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 2 BRAKE PEDAL LIGHT SWITCH | eBay

Is this the correct part?

Thanks so much again!!