Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos Clearing and Texas State Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 3 Amigos Clearing and Texas State Inspection

I just clear all my codes took to Texas State Inspection, they said i have to drive 100 or so mile to reset and they can do the inspection. But since then Amigos keep coming back. If I clear they usually stay off 2-3 days before come back. Unfortunately, I don't have time to fix this now.

My question is if I just clear the 3 Amigos with USB Amigo before the inspection will it fail? does this effect other Emission related tests?

Thanks

Old 04-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

It has nothing to do with the emissions. There is no law that I'm aware of that you have to have ABS to drive or pass inspection in Texas.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Clear them, drive to inspection place. Nothing else needed.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

How did they know that you reset your codes? Did you tell them or did they hookup a computer to your truck?
I have never had my computer hooked up at an inspection station in Texas. I would recommend taking your truck to an inspection place on the bad side of town at a small oil change place or tire shop. They usually don't look very hard. Just clear your codes before you go in and make sure all of your lights work, your horn honks and your wipers blades are good.

Last edited by Jared9220; 04-03-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you for all your responses. It's the Firestone Oakhill. I don't know why I went there I do not like them.

I did clear everything before I went there with Delphi/Autocom scanner. For some reason they are too fussy about any warning light. They are taking this Emission test too far to scam people basically.

I see some Texas and Austin Folks here. I would loved to get some help or suggestions on my 3 Amigos issue. I have done everything possible including option B and replace sensors.

Thanks again.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Sayeed, what 3a codes are you getting? opt. b and sensors... why?

Old 04-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just to be clear, clearing the codes means two different things. Clearing the 3 amigos is different than clearing the engine trouble codes. If you live in a county in Texas with emissions testing (this applies to the big cities' counties and their surrounding counties), then you will be hooked up to the OBDII to determine if your emissions system is operating propertly. If you just cleared the engine trouble codes, then your emissions systems will show as "not ready" and you will fail. So, yes, you will need to drive around for a while and get tested again after the emission system is "ready". You will fail the emissions testing if your check engine light is on, but it doesn't matter if the three amigos are burning bright -- trust me, I know from experience.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You say Oak Hill, near Austin? If so take a short trip to Dripping Springs or Marble Falls.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That would be nice, but it's not an option. You must have the car inspected in the county in which the car resides. The inspection stickers are different for emissions v. non-emissions counties.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I've owned some Japanese rigs that can take up to 250 miles for everything to reset...It can also depend on start up, and stop cylces with the key..The emission stations have "smart" computers. ABS codes have NOTHING to do with emissions passing.

Quick Reply: 3 Amigos Clearing and Texas State Inspection