Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Amigos Scanner

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Amigos Scanner

I just got 3 Amigos for the first time. I had warped front rotors for 3 weeks now and I would get my steering wheel to shake and pedal to pulsate when I am braking. So.....ordered the new brakes from AB but before they came in the "3 ******" poppet up on my dash. Today I changed the brakes and hoped they would go out......but.....nope! 3 ****** are still there. Sometimes they do not pop up immediately sometimes they do.
I found the scanner from RSW Solutions and I am thinking about buying it. It is cheaper then having my dealership in Canada scan the codes.
Has anyone used one of these RSW Solution scanners and what is your opinion?

http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.ph...d=56&Itemid=55

Thanks,

Boris

Old 12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

If I had extra money, I would have bought one years ago, and offered to check ABS codes on Discos at local garages (for a small fee). I know there are a few members that have them, and rent them out for a small fee. Whether you buy one, or rent one from another member of this forum, it will be a lot cheaper than a trip to the dealer.

I repaired my Amigo problem without a scanner, but this is not recommended! I had replaced front and rear brakes the previous year, and used an educated guess as to my Amigo cause based on symptoms. I would have felt much more confident had I had this scanner before the repair. I was on pins and needles after my repair to see if they would return due to problem other than the one which I had.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Mudding

I hear you on that. Like I mentioned above, my rotors were shot and I thought by replacing the front brakes the lights will go away.......but......nope! Now I got a choice of giving my dealer $300 to scan the codes and what do I do if they come back after the repair??? I figured if I buy the scanner I can always keep an eye on things.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I rent the scanner out to forum members regularly for $45 for 2 weeks. Send me a PM and I will send you the details. I ship same day and accept Paypal. I have rented it over 20 times. Most everyone has been able to figure out their problem.

I just fixed my own 3 Amigos with option B on Joshes writeup. It worked.
Dave

Old 12-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Mudding

Thanks bosshogt! I seen the posts about you renting the scanner. I am not sure how can this be shipped through the customs back and forth because someone needs to pay the duty.
Again thanks, but I think that I just might buy my own and save myself the hassle.

What is your opinion on the scanner? Does what is supposed to?