Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 amigos while off roading

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008 | 12:36 AM
|
Overlanding
Default 3 amigos while off roading

Hi guys i just picked up an 03 Discovery 2 weeks ago today i decided to take her off road because i grew up seeing this things and how capable they are.......Long story short today while off roading i got the famous 3 amigos while i was going under deep snow and as soon as i got her out of it the lights would go off is that something that i should be concerned about? By the way the truck has ~99600km
the other question would be is there a way to fit a center diff lock from the older models under or not because after trying to go after my buddy that was ridding a snowmobile i got her pretty stuck and only one of the front wheels was spinning?

Old 03-02-2008 | 08:00 AM
Team Owner
Default RE: 3 amigos while off roading

Yes there is a way to fit a CDL. Do a search on here and you will find it.
If they go back off then dont worry about it to much right now. Most likely snow is getting in between the sensor magnet and the teeth on the rotor and it isint getting a good reading thus setting off the lights.

Old 03-02-2008 | 08:55 AM
Administrator

If your lights don't go off within a day, then you will need to go find a shop/non dealer to have then read and clear the faults. If they tell you that you need parts, ask them to clear the faults and drive it for a day or two, if they don't come back on you are in luck.
As for the CDL, the best way to go is to buy a D1'd t/case shifter with linkage for around $150 at, http://www.roverlandparts.com/index....S&Category=347

Old 03-02-2008 | 12:27 PM
|
Overlanding

Thanks a lot guys took it for a drive today and no lights at all so i think i just had snow between the sensor i guess.... how hard would it be to put the DiscoI linkage since reading stuff i found on this forum the 03 does not have the nipple on top of the TC?......?[&:]

Old 03-06-2008 | 05:37 PM
|
Overlanding

So almost after a week of driving without the amigos on today they decided to show up and stay solid, i did some research here and my ABS still works i think i will get the car scanned sometime this week and then i will post the numbers so that i can be guided towards the right direction

Old 03-06-2008 | 07:23 PM
Administrator

Two things, an 03 can't have CDL, wrong t/case, sorry, I should have noticed what year your truck was earlier on.
As for the ABS, it is good that the ABS still works. If you can find a small shop with the correct scanner, not the dealer, have them read trhe codes and turn them off. Chance are pretty good they won't come back on again.

Old 03-06-2008 | 07:54 PM
|
Overlanding

Alright Disco Mike i took her for a spin and had no amigos at all dropped off my girl at her friends house went over the snow bank while and 5 sec's after !DING DING DING! I dont know what could it be wrong with it i'm thinking on buying an OBD2 code reader just to delete this damned amigos since i have abs still and i tried my hill descent and it worked when i had no lights on. And about the CDL there is no way around it at all even if i get a transfer case from an 99 or older model...........

Old 03-07-2008 | 12:27 PM
Three Wheeling

OBDII will not read or clear ABS codes.

Old 03-07-2008 | 02:33 PM
Three Wheeling

They brought the CDL back for the 04 Disco. You could try to locate a t/case from that year.

Old 03-07-2008 | 10:32 PM
|
Overlanding

OK guys so today i drove it with no problem at all no lights TC worked fine so did the ABS took her for a spin on a snow covered road and nothing happened this is making me paranoid, i'm trying everything i can to get this lights on so i know that i can take it to get scanned. dkeach so you are saying that even if i get the OBDII scanner will not do any good for me i thought that they where able to read abs codes

Quick Reply: 3 amigos while off roading