Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" vs 2" OME ---> Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
For the record, my friend that has the 3" springs is on factory shocks, like I said in the original post...
My post was not an "attack" on you or anyone in particular, just purely a statement to be aware of the saying, thats all.

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
Nick, Did you disconnect your sway bars in the rear? is that why you have so much articulation?
No m8, Mine has ACE so the anti roll bars go limp when offroad anyway, the extra "droop" is purely allowed by the shock length, the weight of the axle is nearly enough to overcome the roll bars.

Also, please be aware that with +2" extended shocks, your front prop will hit the front crossmember, so that has to be "addressed" as well.

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 02-04-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

u r so posh with your ACE package... i have only pushed it hard once since the +2 kit has been in and no problems yet but considering i have all my sway bars in place that could be the reason i have not had any crossmember problem up front yet.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Panzer
...Also, please be aware that with +2" extended shocks, your front prop will hit the front crossmember, so that has to be "addressed" as well.
UP, You don't happen to remember the dimensions of the spacers you made for your crossmember, do you? I didn't see the measurements out on your site...

Old 02-04-2011, 05:57 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone running the OME Sport Shocks?

Old 02-12-2011, 12:50 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was considering lifting my Kalahari simply by putting a 2" lift spacers. I am trying not to spend much $. Thoughts? if think it is a good idea, what brand would you recommend?

Also, what tires would you recommend. Currently with 255 65R16. I appreciate your comments and input

Old 02-12-2011, 12:59 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Mack
I was considering lifting my Kalahari simply by putting a 2" lift spacers. I am trying not to spend much $. Thoughts? if think it is a good idea, what brand would you recommend?

Also, what tires would you recommend. Currently with 255 65R16. I appreciate your comments and input
I am not a fan of the spacer only lift as it just makes me think of a Jeep with a body lift, and it being somewhat non functional. No reason to skimp on a lift IMO. Tire size would be up to you, 265 75 is a very common size with a 2" lift.

TerraFirma is quickly becoming a very popular brand around here and is slightly more affordable than the OME.

Don't be afraid to use the search function, there's lots of good info and discussions on this forum and you'll often find the info you're looking for has already been discussed at length.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey Ylo - do you still need a pic? I have OME 751's in the front and SLS spacers in the rear. The 761's are for the DI, but on a DII they apparently give 3" or so of lift. Let me know if you want a pic and I will snap one.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by humroot
Hey Ylo - do you still need a pic? I have OME 751's in the front and SLS spacers in the rear. The 761's are for the DI, but on a DII they apparently give 3" or so of lift. Let me know if you want a pic and I will snap one.
I would appreciate it. Ordered by steering stabilizer but haven't gone for the lift yet. Thanks! What size tires you running?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I dont know if it has been mentioned yet at all, but incase it has not then you will need to change / use Disco 1 spring seats if you use D1 springs as they are different to the D2.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
UP, You don't happen to remember the dimensions of the spacers you made for your crossmember, do you? I didn't see the measurements out on your site...
They are about 14mm thick, seems to be enough on mine and a friends, but different cars "may" be slightly different.

Quick Reply: 3" vs 2" OME ---> Help!