Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 disco

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 disco

Hello guys, great forum. I have a few questions about a 96 disco that my neighbor has. I am looking at his disco it has a 95k miles. He reports that the truck is good running order. The AC is cold, no clanks for strange noises coming from suspension or 4 wheel drive. I am new to Land Rover so my question is what can I expect from a 96 era disco? I am worried about cost of repairing things. I am mechanically savvy, so I could tackle most stuff. What are some things to check? I had an offroad buddy that had a defender 90 and he was always breaking UV joints, he said they were kinda pain to replace. He wheeled it pretty hard though. I don't plan to offroad it much at all. Again, what is the overall cost of repaires for one of these things in a year? I am 32 years old Married with a 3 year old gorgeous curly haired daughter so insurance shouldn't be a problem. Or will it? Replacement of parts should be more expensive than a 96 chevy beretta so the insurance guy might cry over that. Just fact finding this mega cool truck. Thanks agian for your help. Hope to be here as a regular soon!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 96 disco

Check out my post on Cost of Ownership