Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 loaded with only 65k (did I do well or not)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 loaded with only 65k (did I do well or not)

Am buying a 98 loaded(guess they all are, newbie) with only 65k milesfrom one of my best friends soon. Only reason that I put that in there is that I have been @ the car most of its life. Small bump on rear bumper(edge), interior is like a 98 worn no tears at all just worn. It has a rack and gaurds on the lights in rear and the huge rail gaurd in front.There is a system in the car prob worth @ 1000 which is nice but not that important cause I don't drive @ bumping like we all did in high school. Does sound good on otherstuff though. Long story short what would you have paid(top amount). I wanna see how I did, the 65k was big for me. Other ? my dad tells me not to get no matter how good the deal because these cars are extrememly problem prone. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Mudding
Default RE: 98 loaded with only 65k (did I do well or not)

Hey man, it's a rover. I've been to Africa (worked there) and there are few cars folks in the bush will bother drive. Guess which is one of the favorite makes? LAND ROVER. Discos...I have seen one decked out with dual axles in the rear (not dually, but two axles.It was sweet)...I have a photo if anyone cares to see. I guess what I am getting at is...yes you may be working on the car (problematic is a perspective). If your friend maintained the truck then you are lucky that you know it's history. As far as a price I can't give you one...they can have a huge range. Congrats!

Old 05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The ONLY reason this brand is problematic is because it was neglected. It does require premium gas, so buyer beware.
Rovers have their querks, but all cars do.
Go to youtube and search for vidoes, Land Rover Camel Throphy and you can see what these trks were born and live for.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Drifting

$4000 and yes I know u don't know the service record, can't see it, etc.
just based it on this: 98' land rover 65k miles well kept.
I think its agood deal, originally it was 2500 but then some people told him he was
being an idiot. I think it blue booked 6700 i think and that was for the poor condition.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Mudding

You have my vote!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Drifting

I want to get this car and think its a good price, but when I asked a college football board I frequent, all the people on there were strictly warning me to stay away. I wasn't half the people but close to 95%. I argued back, told them what I would be using it for and it helped some but I just don't see what you could get for 4k that would be much better, I could see a used kia with 65k being 4k. I guess the question is why do so many people freak out when you talk about getting one of these cars. I know this car has spent very little time in the shop, I have rode with my bud on long trips and it rode smooth and I never noticed a problem at all, and we are talking in 2004 the car had been 6 yrs old. I'm just a little torn I guess, I was sitting there feeling great about it, I personally just love the way the car looks, and then everyone I ask says stay the f*ck away from this car. Not trying to annoy you guys I am new to the forum but I don't entend on doing hardly any off-roading with the car(this could change though, I guess I could get into it) and just wanna get 3-4 years with this vehicle anddon't plan on putting a ton of miles on it. Am I missing something here, I guess I just want someone to stand up for the car and give that feeling I had back, and tell me why the horrible rep for this car exists.