Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Disco II lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Disco II lowrider

Last night after returning home, the rear end of my disco was sagging. It was fine all day until late last night in 16 degree weather.
My question is, could it be a fuse(which fuse), do I need new air bags?(if so, if one had a leak wouldnt the rear end sag to one side, or are they hooked together to work as one?) are the air hoses damaged in some way. is the compressor out?? How do i test to see which it is??
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

Ralph

P.S. and any info where to get parts

Old 12-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Mudding
Default RE: 99 Disco II lowrider

sounds like you have a leak in the system could be a few things also...locked up compresser,check the fuse,it may be blown,or a faulty height sensor...the fuse for the compresser is located in the eng compartment fuse box,usually the rear of the car will sag down even if one bag is leaking

Old 12-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Ralph, I am real familiar with the SLS, i have a 99 D2 with it.
Call me, I haqve some question that if you can answer them, I can probably help you.
303-862-7680
Colorado between 7am and 8pm

Old 12-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Ralph,

I replaced almost the entire system in my 2001 D2. Does the rear raise up at all? If it doesn't, it's most likely the compressor. I actually converted to springs, but ended up putting the air system back in because of the ride. It is far superior to the springs. The best place I found to get a compressor was e-Bay...really. I also heard that you could get the compressor rebuilt. Keep in mind that if you convert to springs, you will need to take it to the dealer because you will need testbook to tell the computer it's not on sls anymore. My dealer charges $130 an hour, so use your local dealer hourly rate when determining cost. I picked up a used compressor for less than that. You can check to see if the compressor is running by sticking your head under the car right outside the drivers side door, but the doors need to be closed for it to come on. If you need new bags, go with Arnott...they are cheap and have a lifetime warranty. BTW - the fuse is in the fusebox in the engine compartment and the bags work independently. When I replaced my compressor, I hooked up the leads backwards and one side of the car was about to explode and the other was on the bumpstop! Hope this helps!

Old 12-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Ralph,
Where did you go, have you found the problem???

Old 12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Mudding

Thank you Mike!!!!!

took the disco to a local shop who had the right computer .
cleared all the fault codes, reset the SLS.
found the pump seal was out as well....ordered a rebuilt one will be in maybe tommorrow.

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Ralph

www.ralphduke.com

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
4th Gear

Hi, I've also have an Disco II '99. I'm having the same problem, but only on the right tail side. It becomes some while ago while it was parked, but returned to the normal position as soon as it was started. Recently it been happening to go down while on movement, losing all the suspension on the right tail side, like no compression. I also noticed that sometimes I can hear a whistle in the rear side, when it goes down, but I can't figure out if it is a leak (I don't think so, because if it was so, it would'nt recover other times) or if it is a height sensor problem or some other problem with the pneumatic system.

I would really like to have some help with this, maybe starting to do an SLS reset.

Thank you.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: brunomsantos

Hi, I've also have an Disco II '99. I'm having the same problem, but only on the right tail side. It becomes some while ago while it was parked, but returned to the normal position as soon as it was started. Recently it been happening to go down while on movement, losing all the suspension on the right tail side, like no compression. I also noticed that sometimes I can hear a whistle in the rear side, when it goes down, but I can't figure out if it is a leak (I don't think so, because if it was so, it would'nt recover other times) or if it is a height sensor problem or some other problem with the pneumatic system.

I would really like to have some help with this, maybe starting to do an SLS reset.

Thank you.
Call me and I'll walk you thru what needs to be checked.
303-862-7680
Colorado between 7 am ans 8 pm

Old 01-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Mudding

Hello All.

My disco is repaired got it from the shop today.

the problem was the fault codes triped and the air pump stoped and also was losing air...replaced the pump, the mechanic cleared all my fault codes..

now ride is fine , no fault lights on dash.

cost about 600.00 total

Thanks

Ralph

www.ralphduke.com

Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

ORIGINAL: brunomsantos

Thank you.
Call me and I'll walk you thru what needs to be checked.
303-862-7680
Colorado between 7 am ans 8 pm
Thank you Mike, but there's a problem... I'm in Portugal and the distance calls are a bit expensive. If you could send me a checklist, step-by-step would be nice. I have Rave and Microcat, so it's easy to find and check any piece by the p/n.

If it's to hard to do like this, thank you anyway.

Quick Reply: 99 Disco II lowrider