Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS amigo for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 10:26 AM
Winching
Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts
Default ABS amigo for Sale

Hey rover gang. As I said in another post, my '04 D2 has met it's maker. I have an ABS Amigo for sale. Please PM me me with an offer. They retail for $208 now. I'm not looking for that. Reasonable offers entertained.

Old 06-18-2024, 07:02 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good morning, I never knew there was such a thing as an ABS "Amigo", what is it? I had a mechanic do the "By Pass" but "They (3 Amigos)" still light up from time to time....

Old 06-19-2024, 06:21 AM
Winching
Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts

Good Morning- The ABS Amigo was (maybe still)made by RSW Solutions https://www.rswsolutions.com/index.p...ry-ii-products
It plugs into the OBD port and has two functions: First it will read any ABS faults you have. Second it will clear the codes and turn off the warning lights. Once you have performed the cycle, you just plug it into a PC and it will tell you the ABS codes you have. It is a handy tool to have, especially if you do not have the $$ to lay out for a full code reader.
For what it is worth, if you have the 3 Amigos putting in an occasional appearance, there are a couple of potential issues lurking for you. Then doing the Option B repair, it is critical that your ground wire has good contact. If it does not, the Amigos will pop up. The second, and bigger issue is shuttle valve O rings leaking. Inside the ABD block, there are rubber O rings on the shuttle valves themselves. They wear out after a while. It is a good idea to replace the O rings when you do the Option B repair. Once replaced they last approx. 75,000 miles.
I have the ABS Amigo for sale and a complete Falcon works kit (electrical connections already made and tested) https://www.jewellamberoil.com/sales...roducts_id=190

PM me if you have anymore questions or would like to purchase either at very reasonable prices versus new.

Old 06-19-2024, 02:47 PM
TReK
Received 557 Likes on 483 Posts

I don’t know the ABS Amigo, but I will vouch for RSW Solutions. I bought his software for my P38 shortly after buying it. It works great. After I bought the D2 I decided that having 2 LR’s warranted getting a Nanocom, so I’ve used that since (Nanocom is easier to use). For the P38, so far (I think coming up on 7 years now), the software from RSW would have sufficed for everything I’ve needed (and much cheaper than Nanocom).