Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS front sensor test?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I was getting about 6 different codes to begin with that mostly indicated the front left sensor but with a couple for the front right too. I purchased a used pair of used sensors for about $50 (the pair) and started by replacing the front left one and clearing the codes. The ABS light has been off ever since, about a week now so I guess it was a cheap fix

Simple but very messy due to the continuous pwr steering fluid leak on that side!

Old 11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
Well the ABS on DI's is terrible and prone to failure, some times resulting in a crash.
It is common for the brake pedal to fight you and you loose all most all stopping power, when my wife almost rear ended a school bus I fixed mine once and for all.
Open the hood, on the passenger fender there is a fuse box, open it, fine the ABS fuse, 30 amp if I remember right, remove fuse, close fuse box, close hood, no more ABS, no more ABS issues, she will stop every time after that.
If you wind up driving off a cliff that is all you.
Mine has been disabled for almost 2 years now, mine is due to a bad ABS modulator.

I do not know how to test a ABS wheel sensor, but there are 3 of them on a DI, one on each front wheel and one for both rear wheels and they run about $400 each.
A used ABS modulator is about $1500.
ok i opened up my fuse box i have an "ABS valve" and "abs pump" which one do i remove or is it both? will doing this turn my "ANTI LOCK" light off for good?