Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)

Old 02-28-2010, 12:11 PM
kae
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here still having success with the fix in Part B (the rewire)? How long has the fix held up? I'm about to undertake it but don't want to if the Amigos come back. I'm pretty sure the problem on my intermittent 3 amigos is the swicth as the ABS Amigo lists an intermittent shuttle valve elctrical failure (fault 114) and no other codes.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Three Wheeling

I am still having wonderful success with the fix in Part B. I haven't seen the amigos at all (minus starting engine) and I have thankfully had reliable ABS which saved my tail the other weekend when a car lost control on snowy I-25 and crossed in front of me - headlights pointed at me - with only 4 feet to spare. This fix is truly time well spent.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:05 PM
kae
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dnorrell
I am still having wonderful success with the fix in Part B. I haven't seen the amigos at all (minus starting engine) and I have thankfully had reliable ABS which saved my tail the other weekend when a car lost control on snowy I-25 and crossed in front of me - headlights pointed at me - with only 4 feet to spare. This fix is truly time well spent.
Great to know! Thx. I will probably do mine this weekend. Part B only. I think messing with the factory connector is a probably a waste of time in the long term.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Im still "Amigos FREE"

=)

Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM
4wd Low

thank you for the excellent write up! i finished this mod last night and amigos are gone for now.i did the B option with re-wire. i didnt pull the whole abs pump out, but there was a few times i thought about it. some of those bolts are really tough to get to. after that though the wiring was straight-forward and everything went back together smoothly.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

update!!!!

My Amigos returned...and guess what, it was due to the ground bolt I used, (step # 41) came loose!

So.... periodically check it !

=)

Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Josh, the guide was impressive, but about half way through I realized that I wasn't reading Dante's Inferno, I was actually reading a repair guide. I think I'd sooner suffer a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head than to try something like that... (or at least go without ABS).

Old 09-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Drifting

I got in on the ABS Amigo group buy and am now closely studying Josh's guide based on below reading.

1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
114:Shuttle Valve Electric Failure
<-END Faults

I will go with Option B.

Thanks Josh for this guide, this seems like an excellent approach.

Question on step 43
43. Peel off the wire loom shield off of the ABS Modulator wire harness. Locate the YG wire

Does that wire terminate inside that shield?
Or do I need to cut and splice the 2 new ends into the connector end? I don't see in the photo or text a step to splice another end back into the connection so wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the help

-Matt

Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Mudding
Default Option B Complication

Option B successful and not that hard. Tried Option A for ****z and giggz but nicked the wires, really doesn't take much at all. I initially had a malfunction the first time I did B where all brakes would apply when TC should have come on so I tore it down and redid it and all is well, something must have come loose when I reassembled the first time. Thanks for the Write-up, this is probably one of the biggest cost savers out there as far a DIY.

Thanks,
Kyle

Last edited by DiscoDubs; 11-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:10 PM
4wd Low
Thumbs up ABS Modulator Fix

I did this fix on the wifes 2000 DII a few weeks ago after she started having intermitent amigo's. Followed option B to the tee with exact fitment and materials. Added a little loctite to the ground screw for added insurance. Hex screws were a pain, but a 1/4 in ratchet with homeade hex bit made removal much easier.

Thanks Josh. You not only saved me money but torment at home!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS MODULATOR FIX (NO more SVS fault)