Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS, TC, & descent control lights suddenly come on

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS, TC, & descent control lights suddenly come on

I'll be driving down the road when those three lights pop up on the dash and theres an alert to tell me that im goin down a steep hill and traction control is on and ABS comes on as well. Also sometimes if i just jump into the truck and take off, I get the same thing.
SO im Working out of town and am away from my local Land Rover Dealer and find that this is happening everyday. after shutting off the vehicle and restart it itclears out and and seems fine until a little while later it does it again. im so concerned about this as it is all new to me this 99 discovery 2 . whats up with this thing?

Old 06-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: ABS, TC, & descent control lights suddenly come on

First, do a search on here for "the three amigos".
It is a very common problem with DII's, since you are out of town dont worry about it right now. Just do the search and get some knowledge about your trk, its not going to blow up or anything.
Most likely you need new brake pads, or it could be as simple as brake dust on the ABS sensors, or you need a new ABS sensor. But do the search.
The three amigos tell you that it is a brake problem, because all three work the brakes all three lights light up when there is a problem. As long as it is stopping fine and there is no noise from the brakes you can drive it until you get home. Any change in the braking get it to a shop.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

three amigos, huh? ok now i remember reading about this... in another forum or something, but had no idea what it was! in the rear theres a rotor that looks like it is takin a good beating, and theres a slight noise..... I had a suspicion there might be some sort of sensor issue.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Don't take it to the dealer, find a small shop that can read and clear your codes, normally they will not come back unless your brakes are squeaking, if so get back to us.