Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ace Line Repair:

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Default Ace Line Repair:

On my 99 the hose that runs from the pump (upper one mounted under the fan shroud) to the ACE Valve Block is starting to seep pretty good & blow back onto the oil pan.

I can't seem to find that very long line for sale. I have an idea to just cut it off straight down under the shroud, and do the same on the upper half, use a flare tool & then slide a high pressure rubber line with clamps in it's place.

I know it's high pressure (not sure how much), but I figure as long as the line is routed the same way & it's the same diameter it shouldn't create any pressure high enough to blow it off. The OEM crimp style fitting isn't the strongest thing in the world (if it was so high of pressure it would either be a braided line or solid all the way IMHO).

I like the ACE, and I don't want to kill it off due to a leaky line (I do have all the swaybars & links off my 03 parts truck). But I don't wanna have the ECU reprogrammed either. I guess I'll give it a go and report back.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

I have had high pressure lines made at Napa. I'm not sure how complicated it is to get it out. I just bring the line in and they duplicate it. They're not very expensive. I think the last one I had them do cost about $25-30. Might be worth a shot.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by disc oh no
I have had high pressure lines made at Napa. I'm not sure how complicated it is to get it out. I just bring the line in and they duplicate it. They're not very expensive. I think the last one I had them do cost about $25-30. Might be worth a shot.
That was my plan till I followed the darn thing all the way to the valve body... it's like 10ft long and how it's routed would be a true PITA to remove without damaging it or something else

Old 04-26-2017, 04:22 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

The ACE system has an operating pressure of 1800-2000 PSI. Don't play with it and just replace it.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tcr6v1
The ACE system has an operating pressure of 1800-2000 PSI. Don't play with it and just replace it.
I can see that PSI with the metal lines from the valve block to the hydraulic arms F/R, but no way is it pushing that thru that transmission line looking line to the valve body. It's a wimpy crimp on line/hose.

I've looked and looked and looked and no one has the line I am talking about for sale. No way you can just remove it without bending it or spliting it in the process as it's like 10ft long. Sad to dump it over a seepy line, but either I try to fix the line myself with a flare tool and really good HP hose/clamps or rip it all out.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

135bar = around 1900PSI, so that sucks. I found mention that new lines are two piece units and old lines must be cut out... then after that the info stops. No new P/N's no nothing.

I'll try my HD patch, if it fails, I'll gut the ACE like a fish. I have all the stock sway bars off my 03. I'll remove the ACE ECU, and if the ACE light goes nuts a little black tape never hurt under the back of the cluster.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
That was my plan till I followed the darn thing all the way to the valve body... it's like 10ft long and how it's routed would be a true PITA to remove without damaging it or something else
Oh, that sucks! If the new ones are a two piece design. Maybe you could find a convenient spot to cut yours? Then take both halves and have them made with fittings where you cut it.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

This the the hose you are talking about?

RQB000270 is the part number

Old 04-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Yep that is the line however on my 99 original line it runs completely back to the valve block vs being a two piece like the newer setup. I can find that hose all day long, however it's better half that runs the rest of the way to the valve block = nada zip nothing.

I tried to see the hose rating on the old OEM line (only rubber section which is like 1.5ft long) and nothing. I swear I've never seen a crimp on line that handled 1900PSI. It went from a looking moist to now a pretty good drip stain after a 1hr drive so I DO NOT wanna be that dude that catches his 99 D2 on fire as it pisses that stuff all over my hot exhaust manifolds.

My plan is to use a dremel and basically cut off the crimp on connection to see if the line is flared underneath (some lines like that are flared underneath as that is the inner part that grips the hose). "If" it is I'll get the best hose I can find, slide it on over it a good bit, clamp it down & do a test run. If it blows or swells up I tried to save the good old ACE. If not adios & hello little yellow light lol.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:55 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best4x4, how did this work out? I am having the same issue on my 01 and was contemplating on doing this.

Quick Reply: Ace Line Repair: