Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added Bluetooth input to Disco II

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 06:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Added Bluetooth input to Disco II

After seeing many threads all suddenly related to the topic. I figured I should write what I did to add BT to the Disco.

Just reserving this spot for the moment, I'll snap photos and show what device I used to add it in. It meant giving up the 6 disc changer though which I could care less about. When we hit the CD button option, we get BT instead and that's fine with me, it means using my phone and or tablet for music which with spotify is all I want anyway.

I'll try to get this filled out by tomorrow or Friday.

-Greg

The following 5 users liked this post by 05TurboS2K:
99TEXASD2 (01-08-2024), ReconDoc83 (09-25-2020), Richard Gallant (09-25-2020), Tomzsix (09-23-2020), TylerDurden17 (01-10-2024)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:23 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2K
After seeing many threads all suddenly related to the topic. I figured I should write what I did to add BT to the Disco.

Just reserving this spot for the moment, I'll snap photos and show what device I used to add it in. It meant giving up the 6 disc changer though which I could care less about. When we hit the CD button option, we get BT instead and that's fine with me, it means using my phone and or tablet for music which with spotify is all I want anyway.

I'll try to get this filled out by tomorrow or Friday.

-Greg
outstanding!

Old 10-10-2023, 01:39 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would love to know what you did! i bought a GROM bluetooth for this purpose and I wonder if you went that route too and how you stashed the GROM box behind the alpine stereo (I must be doing something wrong since I don't know how i am supposed to fit it back there... ).

Old 10-10-2023, 03:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Just get a $20 Bluetooth tape (sold on Amazon) and stick it in the stereo

Old 10-10-2023, 03:22 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by miron
Just get a $20 Bluetooth tape (sold on Amazon) and stick it in the stereo
I have that one already... Since i bought the GROM around 7yrs ago and has been in a box waiting to get installed... I would like to give it some use. Only got the courage to do this little project after having to replace the headliner due to sunroof leaks...

Old 10-10-2023, 07:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 892 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by macutan
would love to know what you did! i bought a GROM bluetooth for this purpose and I wonder if you went that route too and how you stashed the GROM box behind the alpine stereo (I must be doing something wrong since I don't know how i am supposed to fit it back there... ).
Hi macutan. I installed a GROM in my truck over 10 years ago, back when it required two separate boxes, not just one. So it's been a while since I've had the radio out, but I do recall there being A LOT of room back there to place the modules. Have you had the radio out to look?

Last edited by mln01; 10-10-2023 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mln01
Hi macutan. I installed a GROM in my truck over 10 years ago, back when it required two separate boxes, not just one. So it's been a while since I've had the radio out, but I do recall there being A LOT of room back there to place the modules. Have you had the radio out to look?
Hi mln01, thanks for your message on something back in your memory that far back! Last night, after posting this message I went back to the truck with a different approach and a cable fishing thingy. I ended up pushing up from the compartment under the steering wheel the cable that would connect to the back of the radio and found a great spot for the box in that part. I will post a photo of it here tonight when i get home.

Now I need to figure out why my radio does NOT turn off when i take the key out of the ignition... I am unsure if this behavior was there before i connected the GROM so I will now have to revert to the original situation (plugging back the CD unit) before I continue to tinker to figure out what else may be going on.

Old 01-08-2024, 11:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I finally put the GROM in my rover, but after the dash heats up the damn thing starts losing connection? Seems to work fine when cold. I need to see about returning it

Old 01-08-2024, 03:37 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
I finally put the GROM in my rover, but after the dash heats up the damn thing starts losing connection? Seems to work fine when cold. I need to see about returning it
I was able to run the cable to the area under the steering wheel, that may be "cooler" ? try to see if that cable you have reaches there before returning it, it is a great addition to my Disco

Old 01-08-2024, 04:28 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Following!

Quick Reply: Added Bluetooth input to Disco II