Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air System

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air System

Anyone done an on-board air system that will operate the SLS, ARB's, and air up/tool operation? or anything else neat with OBA?

Old 09-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Air System

I would not suggest you try and replace the SLS pump, since it is more then a pump, it is the whole valaving sytem and controls which are oporated by the ECU.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Air System

Right, that wasn't my first concern but having a system in place that could in a pinch be used to inflate the air bags in the event of a failure in the SLS pump would be nice.

Right now I'm thinking a 4gal tank mounted in the right sill against the frame, a box to hold the air connect brackets, etc. I haven't decided if I want to locate the pump outside the vehicle, right now it's in the right rear corner and that seems like a good way to keep it dry, dust free, etc.

Mostly wondering if people know of write ups for adding say pressurized water systems, hot water showers, (I've seen the heat exchangers already) airing up systems, air tools.. etc... but I'm curious about other innovative uses people have put air towards. Yeah I like cool new tech.