Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airconditioning Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Airconditioning Help

It getting watmer and i tried my a/c and its not blowing cold anymore. I think I yanked something last november when I did my HG. Any procedure to test ac lines for leak? Can someone recommend freon type and where to get it. Which nozzle to use to charge it. Thanks in advance.
Gerry

Old 02-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

If your freon is low enough that there's no cold air then your compressor clutch should continually cycle off and on. A lot faster than it would under normal operation. If it's a tiny leak you should be able to use a sniffer to pinpoint it but it's most likely all gone. I would just put new hoses on and go from there they are probably toast anyways

Old 02-22-2017, 05:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
If your freon is low enough that there's no cold air then your compressor clutch should continually cycle off and on. A lot faster than it would under normal operation. If it's a tiny leak you should be able to use a sniffer to pinpoint it but it's most likely all gone. I would just put new hoses on and go from there they are probably toast anyways
that or you can add a quick charge of frown with dye and look for leaks

Old 02-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
It getting watmer and i tried my a/c and its not blowing cold anymore. I think I yanked something last november when I did my HG. Any procedure to test ac lines for leak? Can someone recommend freon type and where to get it. Which nozzle to use to charge it. Thanks in advance.
Gerry
Does your compressor cycle on at all? Sometimes you can "jump" the pressure switch or supply power straight to the compressor to see if it kicks on and off.

My Chevy truck was low on Freon due to an o ring leak on the switch that connected to the drier. I changed the o ring and was able to top off Freon with one of those freon cans with hose you get at Walmart.

I was was lucky because I could pull the switch without leaking freon or exposing system to the atmosphere.