Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alright!.. She's goin' in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alright!.. She's goin' in!

Hey you all!!.. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm looking for some advice/info.

I'm just trying to keep my truck maintained and in shape, so I'm hopefully gunna be taking her into an independent shop at the beginning of next week!

Now, what I'm looking for is just information as to what I really need to ask them. What I mean by that is, what should be checked, what normally fails that will need to be looked at.. stuff like that!

The only things that have been replaced are:

*Serpintine Belt @ 30,000 miles
*ABS modulator @ 34-35,000 miles

9 months later, she has 46,500(ish) miles on her and I took her to a tune&lube shop to get an oil change, an "emissions, fuel,engine and throttle body clean", and the spark plugs were changed. I am going to also get the wires changed out either tomorrow or Friday.

I didn't take her in for the "45,000" service, 1.) because it's expensive, and I'm not under warrenty 2.) because all that needed to really be done was the serpintine belt change, which was already done at 30,000 miles.

Now, what I'm asked for is, when I take it in, what should they check? What normally fails at these miles, or should be changed at these miles??

btw.. she's an 03' SE7

Thank you soo much!! I really appreciate everyones info and comments! You all are the best!!!

John-Robert

Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alright!.. She's goin' in!

Just an idea here, but I have heard of problems in the past with vehicles coming back with strange things happening soon after service. I would (never have but will now) take the vehicle by the 'zone or some auto parts supplier to see if they willcheck fordiagnostic codesbefore goin in. I have heard lots of people say they experienced problems afterwards due to mechanics bumping connectors, etc. Now, if you know any and all codes present before the service, you have a better idea where to start if something does occur.

Normally the autoparts places like auto zone will do this for free. I was disabled, and they loaned me a OBDII code reader to take home! Nice enough...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a great idea!... Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

inspect your fromt driveshaft. If you don't have grease fittings on there, get the u-joints changed out. I would have your coolant changed too, if it is a Rover shop. Make sure it is someone who knows how to properly bleed the system. Dexcool is only corrosive when exposed to air, and when it is, oh man.... Works great on a sealed system though.