Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I supposed to wave?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I supposed to wave?

I'm usually too busy monitoring my coolant temperature to notice other Rovers....gotta stay on top of my head gaskets!

Seriously though, when I see another Disco in a parking lot I usually take a peek inside to see how low their headliners hanging.....makes me feel better about mine.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:38 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I get waves all the time. Of course where I am everyone waves its seems like. Thats kind of the way it is in most parts of the south. I have found thoughyou'll never gets waves from Range Rover owners, LR3 owners, or LR2 owners (who would wave toLR2's anyways...). There are 4 discos that I always see, we always wave and I've meet 2 of them, both great guys. The only disco I remember getting snubbed by was covered with bumper stickers that said "save the trees" "Keep Asheville Weird." "Kerry Edwards" and of course "Obama 08." I waved,she glared.... oh well you cant win them all!

Old 11-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im a waver my self.
it has garnered some ugly looks from soccer moms but i never fail to get a return-wave from the other muddy rovers with missing plastic on their bumpers.

in addition to mud/lift/xtra lights give aways ive found is :camel trophy tire cover or a large muddy dog in passenger seat. (wife HATES it when the puppy beats here to the front seat - and he cant even call "SHOTTY!"

Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont wave because I dont ever see any other Rovers, but I do GET the finger and fist's shaken at me because I drive to slow.
Everybody on the expressway HATES the white Rover doing 65mph.

And the few Rovers that I do see are all soccer moms.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So the general consensus is, Rover lovers wave A-Holes do not. So who cares if they don't They just don't get it Bleed Green

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I only wave to the Defenders I see on the road. I don't live close enough to other NCLR members to see them driving on the road. If it looks like they actually use the truck for what is was made for I'll wave.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Rock Crawling

i agree with what has been said... if you see any kind of modification, they'll probably wave back.

where i live 90% of the Rovers are owned by moms but they mostly have new ones, so if i see a Landy of my vintage it's usually because they're into Rovers.

there used to be a D2 decked out with the exact same accessories and colors as my D1... we always gave each other a wave

Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Winching

im a waver my self.
it has garnered some ugly looks from soccer moms but i never fail to get a return-wave from the other muddy rovers with missing plastic on their bumpers.

in addition to mud/lift/xtra lights give aways ive found is :camel trophy tire cover or a large muddy dog in passenger seat. (wife HATES it when the puppy beats here to the front seat - and he cant even call "SHOTTY!"

Old 11-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Winching

I wave. not very often do they wave back but someone has to make a stand and wave so I do. I dont care if is a soccer mom or some dork on his blue tooth ear thing.
Its not like when im on my Harley or when I Had the cj5 but I will keep it even if they never figure it out.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw the first disco other than mine in my area yesterday... it was a red disco 1... looked stick but i never got a chance to see who was driving it... i will find out though... thats the only other one i have ever seen anywhere around here since i bought mine...

Quick Reply: Am I supposed to wave?