Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Lock Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Lock Problem

Searched and read through other posts, like a good boy. Cant find my situation. Here it is.

As i've said, i'm new, dont know anyone else with a LR yet. 1999 LR Disco I SD My Questions...

When i turn the key over to position II. All locks go down then back up, about 3 seconds after this action. Is this normal?

Also.. if the door is open, and i press down on the lock they all go down, then back up. is this normal?

Because there is no auto unlock button, this i assume, is how its done. I do not yet have a key fob.

My biggest concern.. Once the doors are locked, i can thump with my fist a few times on the door, then the lock pops up and i can get in. [sm=chairshot.gif] that is what led me to this post. Dont like the idea that someone can just vibrate on my door and pop my locks.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Another Lock Problem

I do not know about the locking-unlocking after you start it thing, but the locking it when the doors are open is a safety thing, this way you cannot lock the keys in the trk, you either need to lock them with the fob or the key.
As far as unlocking by beating the door, what ever made you try that anyway? And who else would have thought of that? No it isint right, or maybe your the Fonz and just dont know it!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, well. i locked the door then what i closed it, it would pop up, so i did it a few times, same thing. Then i closed the door slow and soft, stayed down. then i thought maybe it was the jolt poping them back up. So i tried it. Perhaps they pop up to easy. I'm going to get it looked at anyway. I have a few more things i need fixed. Like my wipers. If you press then let go they stop in the middle and dont do the full swipe. you have to hold it down so it can finish. Manual says it shouldnt do that.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The problem with your wipers is the "park" switch, on some cars it is built into the wiper transmission, on others it is seperate, I do not know what yours has.

You probaly need a new door lock acuator, a very common problem on LR's.
www.roverlandparts.com has good used parts.