Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Three Amigos' Tale!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another Three Amigos' Tale!

OK, the dreaded Three Amigos' showed up some time ago. Since then, the brake light has lit up as well. I had to replace the front left caliper, and thought this had something to do with it (although it shouldn't have). It didn't. Replaced the Wabco shuttle valve on the ABS pump and bled the lines. Got a replacement ABS computer, plugged all the connections to it, and, while the instrument warning lamps (except for the ABS) lamps went off on start up, that was temporary, because as soon as I drove no more than 50 feet, they all showed up again! I feel, because the ABS warning lamp did NOT go off, that the fault lies with the ABS system.

So, I'm looking for some advice on what I should do next, other than taking it to the LR service department to have my bank account emptied! Any insight will be appreciated!

Old 11-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you read your ABS codes? It could be several things, but you won't know without reading the codes.

The following users liked this post:
Tony C (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, update. I got the ABS codes read from the AutoCom scan tool, and first off, a BIG thank you to Super Sport for the activation & instal file! I'm a Mac user, and and to borrow my daughters Dell PC and re-learn how that works to do this! Anyway, I digress...
The scan showed that I have two speed sensors (front & rear left) that were not right, but it did not read any other data from the ECU or ABS modules. It also gave two fault codes that were 'unidentified', right next to the ABS wheel sensor fault codes. My son is an auto tech and had the computer on his lap while we drove around, trying to get the real time data from the speed sensors. He says I need to have the ABS module reprogrammed. Should I replace the wheel sensors and rescan? What is my next step here? Thanks in advance for the help, as always!

Old 11-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Clean all the contacts in the cabling from the wheel sensors on back and re-read your codes. Sometimes a poor connection is to blame. After that, if you still have wheel sensor faults, I would replace those two and check again.

The following users liked this post:
Tony C (11-14-2014)