Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Land Rover aftermarket places in SoCal?

Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Land Rover aftermarket places in SoCal?

I would like to find an aftermarket shop for goodies in Southern California. Can any of you point me in the right direction? I live in San Diego. I was able to pick up my '99 Disco II in phenominal condition from the original female owner. (Never Ever off road and all work done at Dealership and paid for by her father.) Sweet deal huh? Got it for a steal! Car needs a front bumper skin and very small dent in front of hood. Looking for either replacement bumper cover or possibly an offroad bumper. Yeah, I've read the posts.... I have already changed the oil to synthetic and seafoamed it. The U-joints are next and then the plugs and wires. Need a roof basket/kayak rack too.

Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Any Land Rover aftermarket places in SoCal?

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/

http://www.trekoutfitters.com/

http://www.lrrforums.com/cmps_index.php

This will help you get into trouble.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Drifting

Damn Disco Mike, I'll need second job to get the things that are on my wish list. Thanks again. I've been checking out some of these sites and will get started on finding a bumper setup for my truck.

I did see an exact same Disco II as mine on the side of the I-5 North near Genessee Ave exit that smashed into the rear of an '07-'08 Mercedes Coupe today. The Disco had a somewhat smashed front end and the Mercedes trunk was COMPLETELY gone. I mean completely smashed, or it dissappeared. The bumper of the Disco II ended up right at where the rear seats would be beginning on the Mercedes. The driver of the Mercedes was sitting down and the ladies who were in the Disco were walking around. (I almost stopped and gave the driver of the Disco II my business card so that I could buy the rack and ladder off of her, but decided that she had bigger fish to fry and I would have looked pretty bad doing it..... but I did think about it.....) Luckily they were all pretty ok. No signs of any major trauma.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Overlanding

i highly recommend expedition exchange in torrance. he has a great place and everything you could want or need.
i decided to save on shipping and drove down I-405 and dropped a pile in there today! great store. great service.

the guy who helped me was named ho chung and he is one of the owners. cool dude. he has a nice G4 edition with a deluxe SD rack that i'm drooling for now that i've seen it!

headed out to mojave rd on thursday. woohoo.

jt