Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any official "printed" DIsco 2 DIY manuals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Theres no description in the link regarding the content of the overhaul manual. Does it cover extensive repairs?
I have torn my place apart looking for that book. Its not in the usual place on the bookshelf. I probably relocated it while preparing for the head gasket job a few months ago.

From what I remember it was basically just the "Engine - V8" section of Rave in printed form. Covered all major repairs/topics concerning the engine. It definitely came in handy a time or two.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

honestly the factory printed manual is terrrible worse than the rave, I was folish enough to pay over well over $100 for a new one. What LR did was stick 3 manuals into one book instead of having a chassis , driveline & electical manuals they stuck it all togother in one book of 900 odd pages with a type size of 4 standard is type is 10. So you literally need a magnifing glass to read it. You are better off buy a couple reems of paper and a binder and pay a copy place to print it out for you.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Theres no description in the link regarding the content of the overhaul manual. Does it cover extensive repairs?
I googled the ISBN and found this on Amazon:
A detailed guide to maintenance & repair covering of all parts of the car and engine including torque wrench settings, emission control, engine management, fuel delivery, cooling, manifolds, exhaust, clutch, automatic & manual gear box, propeller, alxes, steering, suspension, brakes, restraints, doos, exterior fittings, interior trim components, screens, seats, sunroof, panel repairs, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, wipers and washers, instruments and so much more

Originally Posted by drowssap
honestly the factory printed manual is terrrible worse than the rave, I was folish enough to pay over well over $100 for a new one. What LR did was stick 3 manuals into one book instead of having a chassis , driveline & electical manuals they stuck it all togother in one book of 900 odd pages with a type size of 4 standard is type is 10. So you literally need a magnifing glass to read it. You are better off buy a couple reems of paper and a binder and pay a copy place to print it out for you.
All the Land Rover factory manuals I have are easy to read, probably 12pt font, but certainly larger than 10pt.
I've found Land Rover factory manuals to be among the best on the market for any car.

Having someone print it for you is certainly an option.
If you do, see if they will before you buy the paper, some places won't print copywrited material.
If they do, I suggest getting 24 or 28# 3 hole punch paper.
It's going to come out slightly smaller font than the original as the factory manuals are A4 size and to fit 8 1/2x11 it needs to shrink a bit.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

For clarification: the overhaul manual I supplied the link for only covers engine repairs. Antichrists link is basically for a printed version of rave.