Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody around Portland OR with the ability to program remotes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Mudding
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Anybody around Portland OR with the ability to program remotes?

I have the UPC code, and everything from a used remote for my DII, and need to program it with Hawkeye or one of the such. I have no access to hawkeye and know nothing about it, so....

Old 03-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Take it to the dealer. I live in Portland.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Mudding
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I've got a Nanocom, but never programmed a key. If you're willing to be a guinea pig, I can swing by Thursday, or if that doesn't work, early Saturday?

The following users liked this post:
emncfi (03-30-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 11:26 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

I have a Nanocom and was able to do it a few years using this video for instructions. Good luck!

P/S. I used to live in Fishers Landing until 3 years ago. You just missed me by a couple of weeks as I was there for a few days for work (and I had a Nanacom with me).

The following users liked this post:
Gripen (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 01:08 AM
Mudding

That video was very insightful. Thank you.

Old 03-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Mudding

I could be the Test subject for ya, the remote came with a new (used) replacement steering wheel I ordered, ended up getting the whole column, not just the steering wheel. I have the upc from the code generator excel file that is on here somewhere. Pulling the airbag tomorrow and hopefully getting this new wheel on, then I should be able to try out nanocom. Are you in the 'Couve or Portland?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Mudding

Vancouver.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Mudding

PM sent to ya

Old 03-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Programming key fob

Originally Posted by emncfi
I have the UPC code, and everything from a used remote for my DII, and need to program it with Hawkeye or one of the such. I have no access to hawkeye and know nothing about it, so....
I could program key fob for you, if you were to come meet me in or near Woodburn, or if you pay for a bit of gasoline, I could meet you in Oregon City---I don't care to drive to Portland. If you haven' t done so already, open the key fob, as if you were going to change the battery, take out the ciruiit board, to see a small piece of paper with a 6 digit code and the date of the fob. Write down that 6 digit code---it is needed to program fob to vehicle. Best, Jack

Old 03-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Key Fob Programming

Originally Posted by emncfi

I own a Hawkeye; have had it for several years. No matter what you may have heard/read, the Hawkeye WILL NOT PROGRAM KEY FOBS, though I have read on this site, and other sites that it will, so I spent months trying to figure out how to do it on Hawkeye. Finally, I contacted the makers of the Hawkeye, in England, and they told me that they never set up the firmware for it to program key fobs, so obviously it cannot program key fobs. I asked them if, on the next firmware upgrade, if they would include key fob programming; they said they would. But, when the next upgrade came out, it still wouldn't program keys. When I contacted them again, with a reminder of their promise, they said that they had time to reconsider, and that they decided to NOT include the capability in the firmware, for fear of criminals using it to steal vehicles. Personally, I believe that Rover had a huge influence too, in this decision, because Hawkeye is made by the same company that makes the "test book" usede by Rover dealers; and if the Hawkeye were able to program keys, Rover would be losing that business from their exuberant prices they charge for key programming, to customers who bought Hawkeye. Nanocom though, WILL program ALL keys, NEW, or USED, with ease. I know, because I also own a Nanocom.

Quick Reply: Anybody around Portland OR with the ability to program remotes?