Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody ever seen code P1450?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever seen code P1450?

My service engine light came on and took it to autozone to get it scanned, it showed a code P1450. Their computer said that that was a non-existent code for an 03 Discovery. They printed out a ford code definition and it said it was something to do with fuel pressure? I googled it and only found a few LR people who had seen this code, most of them found no solution or definition either, they just kept resetting the light. I'm kind of bummed about this. Does anybody know what this code means or how to fix it? ANY info will be appreciated!!!

Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

That would be :

P1450 Pump hardware pump current
ref current - purge vapour factor

Fault (during rough leak) 2.002 mA

From the original Klingon in the Bosch M5.2.1 ECU guide for your model year. An EVAP system fault related to leak detection, which is accomplished by measuring the evap pump current.

Starts on page 42 of that non-RAVE manual.

The evaporative emission monitoring system used for the Discovery 2001MY onwards permits the detection of leaks with a diameter of 0.020" or
greater. This is achieved by means of a pressure test of the system. This is performed by the DMTL, which is an electrically operated pump fitted to
the atmospheric air intake of the EVAP Canister. From the 2002MY this unit contains an electric heater to prevent condensate formation.

First step - be sure gas cap is tight and in good condition.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm not really sure I understood any of what you said, but I will check the cap, I will go buy a new one on Monday just so i can eliminate that. Hopefully thats all it is!

Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

What Buzz was trying to say is that there is a leak in the EVAP system somewhere.
EVAPorative Loss System, it is what prevents gasoline from evaporating out of the gas tank and into the atmosphere.
If the leak is to big it throws a code.
Gas cap is the place to start.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Since the code is talking about current, I'd lean more towards an electrical problem... bad pump or something.

Pump Evap. Loss Leak Detection (Genuine Part # WTR000010) - Land Rover filler caps from Atlantic British

Perhaps a plugged filter would cause an increase in current draw?

Air Filter For Charcoal Canister (Genuine Part # PHB102320) - Land Rover gas filters from Atlantic British

hopefully an expert will come along with more info, because I really have no idea.

Last edited by jafir; 05-06-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir

Perhaps a plugged filter would cause an increase in current draw?

Air Filter For Charcoal Canister (Genuine Part # PHB102320) - Land Rover gas filters from Atlantic British

hopefully an expert will come along with more info, because I really have no idea.
That filter would have to be plugged solid. Which is just shy of impossible.
That it to a shop and have them smoke test the evap system. Make sure its a shop with a testbook so that they can close the charcoal canister. Get it properly diagnosed.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Three Wheeling

I have an update! well sort of... I got a smoke machine and smoked the system myself (just like the people do on you tube) and found no leaks anywhere. So I'm kind of thinking it may be an electrical/sensor/computer problem. Does anyone have a suggestion as where to turn next? Is there a way to manually test anything to see if its bad? I thought I had a hookup on an inspection sticker, but it fell through. Now my truck is 3 months out of inspection and pretty sure I'll be getting a ticket any day now. I have read some other similar posts and some people report that it is hard to pump gas into the car, I do not have that problem, my gas cap passed the inspection test already, so I'm ruling that one out. Every line,connection,hose under the truck looks good and isn't smoking either during the test so...? Some posts say that the ECM could be bad, but wouldn't other things be messing up as well? I was running out of patience with this thing, but now I'm just wanting to fix it and keep it and lift it, etc... ANY help with P1450 is greatly appreciated!!!

Old 08-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Did you resolve this? I am having the same problem

I know this is an old thread. Wondering if you got it resolved as I am now experiencing this.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by bcolins
I know this is an old thread. Wondering if you got it resolved as I am now experiencing this.
Well...the only thing I wver figurered out about this problem is that no matter what each mechanic told me I couldn't afford to fix it. Ultimately I only drove the rover about another month after I was having this problem because I had another problem and it broke down on me. So I just gave the piece of junk away. The guy I gave it to dumped $3500 in to it and he still never could get that code to go away. Sorry I'm of no help, but your best bet is to run away from the truck, fast! I'm sorry, I really wanted to love these trucks but I had about the worst luck ever with this truck and while this LR community is very friendly and helpful, my opinion is that LR are junk.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pwaltrip
Well...the only thing I wver figurered out about this problem is that no matter what each mechanic told me I couldn't afford to fix it. Ultimately I only drove the rover about another month after I was having this problem because I had another problem and it broke down on me. So I just gave the piece of junk away. The guy I gave it to dumped $3500 in to it and he still never could get that code to go away. Sorry I'm of no help, but your best bet is to run away from the truck, fast! I'm sorry, I really wanted to love these trucks but I had about the worst luck ever with this truck and while this LR community is very friendly and helpful, my opinion is that LR are junk.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you,....but after having 4 prior Land Rovers that I had decided were junk,....I bought my current one two years ago for $850. It looked and drove well, had Cold A/C and newish tires, its a 2003. It did have the requisite sagging headliner, and the radiator was seeping a bit, and,....it had several DTC codes being displayed. I had to replace the intake gasket and Plug wires to get rid of the codes,.....no easy job and ridiculously expensive at the LR dealer,....but better than doing head gaskets which I had to do on my prior Disco. Once I got those things done and replaced the front brake rotors and pads, and rebuilt both driveshafts (was chasing a vibration,....this did not fix it),...and later replaced the E brake drum which fixed my vibration. The truck actually turned out to be a very reliable and solid truck and I think I had somewhere between $1500 and $2000 in it at that point. Fuel mileage is 12 mpg for general running around, and 15 on the highway if driven at posted limits. I just ordered a EGR Purge valve, hoping that will take care of my 1450.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever seen code P1450?