Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone found a wiper blade insert for the rear wiper on an '03 D2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone found a wiper blade insert for the rear wiper on an '03 D2?

Wondering if anyone has found a replacement wiper blade insert that will click into the rear wiper on a 2003 D2?

Brian in Austin

Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one from O'Reilly, but I did have to take off some material on the belt sander to make it fit.

That reminds me, I need to see if the nozzle back there is clear for spraying(I only ever use it when it rains)...

Old 01-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I also have an aftermarket generic rear wiper I also had to shave some material off in order to make it work; literally, took me two minutes with my tin snips.

It's been some time since I replaced the blade so I'm not forgot the manufacturer/model. For some reason, RainX sounds familiar.

Just measure the blade and find a cheap replacement to experiment with. You'll see exactly where you need to trim.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I haven't verified the fit, because mine is still fine, but this one says it's directly compatible.
NAPA AUTO PARTS

Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Winching

I ended up using a Trico 14" rear wiper blade ($11). Had to grind a bit off the back of the blade assembly in the area of the stepped curve right in the area of the locking pin. I just removed a bit of the stepped curve at its most pronounced point,...this allowed the blade to fully click onto my existing wiper arm. seems good and secure.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trico 14-D Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive Trico 14-D Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

I also used the trico and like you it did not fit. I didnt want to (IMO) make it ugly buy modifying it. The blade part pulled right out and fit into the OEM wiper arm with no effort at all.

I would be tempted to try the napa one. The stepped part that you mentioned needing to be sanded down does not look as steep. Who knows if its the actual one for sale though.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by flavo
Trico 14-D Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade, 14" (Pack of 1) : Amazon.com : Automotive

I also used the trico and like you it did not fit. I didnt want to (IMO) make it ugly buy modifying it. The blade part pulled right out and fit into the OEM wiper arm with no effort at all.

I would be tempted to try the napa one. The stepped part that you mentioned needing to be sanded down does not look as steep. Who knows if its the actual one for sale though.
funny, I looked at the Trico and thought it might fit the LR blade assembly. but went right to the grinding thing,....and when it snapped in securely,.....well. I didnt see any need to look at swapping the blade inserts. I may go have a look at it today.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not just get a rear wiper unit (or all units)from a disco 1 an the replacements are available at every store? just curious.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to my local LR dealer and purchased a whole unit (minus arm, of course) for $15. Had a coupon for 15% off parts. Just didn't think it was worth the headache of trimming stuff when I can get the whole sh'bang for $15.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by gbob
Went to my local LR dealer and purchased a whole unit (minus arm, of course) for $15. Had a coupon for 15% off parts. Just didn't think it was worth the headache of trimming stuff when I can get the whole sh'bang for $15.
That's a great solution until your dealer is 25 miles away. Now your using $15 in gas to go get your $15 wiper blade.

Quick Reply: Anyone found a wiper blade insert for the rear wiper on an '03 D2?