Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the TerraFirma front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have the TerraFirma front bumper?

Who has it and has pictures? How was the fitment? Which winch are you running with it?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the TF bumper on my D2 yesterday fitment was mehhh.. The thing would not line up at all the mounting points were far too narrow which required me to take two 24" adjustable wrenches to force each side to open up enough to fit into the slot.

After I got it mounted I tried beating it on all the way with a rubber mallet it would not budge so I threw a tire up to a tree and slowly drove up on the tree until it seated after all that couple adjustments and bolts holes lined up it looks great just be prepared to get creative trying to fit this thing if you buy it. One thing I did like was the bumper also included a nice washer bottle guard that was not mentioned in the ad.

I'm using the Smittybilt XRC8 winch it bolted up no problem. Pics will come this weekend.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the info. Since there was really no info out there I ordered the tactcle rovers front bumper instead. Just came today, hopefully install it along with a Set of PIAA 520 ATP lights & Engo winch (w/ synthetic) Saturday.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ebg18t
Thanks for the info. Since there was really no info out there I ordered the tactcle rovers front bumper instead. Just came today, hopefully install it along with a Set of PIAA 520 ATP lights & Engo winch (w/ synthetic) Saturday.
Nice. Ive just checked out their website. Let me know how installation goes and post some pics if you can.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see the Terrafirma pics! And how did the Tactical Rovers install go???

Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by knesbeck
Lets see the Terrafirma pics! And how did the Tactical Rovers install go???
The Tactical Rover bumper bolted right up. Fit was top notch, finish was perfect. I highly recommend it.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Mudding

I've had my eye on the Tactical Rover bumper for a while. I'd be interested to see pictures if you get the chance.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by NickDII
I installed the TF bumper on my D2 yesterday fitment was mehhh.. The thing would not line up at all the mounting points were far too narrow which required me to take two 24" adjustable wrenches to force each side to open up enough to fit into the slot.

After I got it mounted I tried beating it on all the way with a rubber mallet it would not budge so I threw a tire up to a tree and slowly drove up on the tree until it seated after all that couple adjustments and bolts holes lined up it looks great just be prepared to get creative trying to fit this thing if you buy it.
Do you think it's possible that your rig had pre-existing front end damage prior to fitting the new bumper? I only ask because I don't think Terrafirma would release a bumper that requires you to drive into a tree to fit it.

Did your old factory bumper come right off w/o a fight?

Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,485 Likes on 1,213 Posts

My Terrafirma bumper went on no issues everything lined right up. Mine was for a Defender though.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Terrafirma has some interesting fitment issues, their rear bumper was a pain, and when i installed my rock sliders only about half or less of the holes lined up correctly. I really do like their stuff though, the sliders are awesome.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the TerraFirma front bumper?