Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB bumper Disco 2 (help for purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just placed my order with Rusty's. The first guy I talked to was a little unhelpful, I called back and spoke to a different individual, and he was much more helpful. There is an extra truck freight charge IF you want them to special order your bumper by itself. If however, you are not pressed for time, which unfortunately, you are, they will place a bulk order when they need several bumpers from their distributor in Washington state, and the only freight charge you would pay would be to your final destination. I know this won't get the bumper to you in your original timeframe, but if you were able to wait a little longer, you could save a lot of money over the other websites out there. Hopefully one of the guys in and around NC can find you one in stock at a local shop there and get you one on the plane before it leaves.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bet you would get better service/customization by working with a smaller shop that ships directly.

i like these: http://www.hlcfab.com/

(supposedly much tougher than the ARB)

Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've called a couple places this morning and so far none of them have any in stock... Im going to call a couple places in SC and TN and see if I have any luck there. What im finding is, most of them can get land rover ARB products but dont keep them in stock. Most of them have told me they only keep Jeep and Toyota accessories in stock... In not giving up yet, so i'll keep you posted.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Curious
I just placed my order with Rusty's. The first guy I talked to was a little unhelpful, I called back and spoke to a different individual, and he was much more helpful. There is an extra truck freight charge IF you want them to special order your bumper by itself. If however, you are not pressed for time, which unfortunately, you are, they will place a bulk order when they need several bumpers from their distributor in Washington state, and the only freight charge you would pay would be to your final destination. I know this won't get the bumper to you in your original timeframe, but if you were able to wait a little longer, you could save a lot of money over the other websites out there. Hopefully one of the guys in and around NC can find you one in stock at a local shop there and get you one on the plane before it leaves.
Thats a shame that dont have them, but THANKYOU for trying, as I posted earleir, I still have options up till march which will provide no issues "overthere", just a bit of hassle "overhere"......

How long will it be for you to get yours then ??

Old 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
I've called a couple places this morning and so far none of them have any in stock... Im going to call a couple places in SC and TN and see if I have any luck there. What im finding is, most of them can get land rover ARB products but dont keep them in stock. Most of them have told me they only keep Jeep and Toyota accessories in stock... In not giving up yet, so i'll keep you posted.
Cam, THANKS for what you have done so far!!!........

Incidently, just had an e-mail from a company who has one in a west coast warehouse, can get it by the 24th, but thats airfrieght at $600 :O

DOh!!!

you would not think it was so hard LOL

Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by oysterhead
i bet you would get better service/customization by working with a smaller shop that ships directly.

i like these: http://www.hlcfab.com/

(supposedly much tougher than the ARB)
Thanks for the link Oyster, and what you say about the customer service is prob true, but the bumper looks a but naff "imo". I REALLY dont like the angled bar on it, just looks wrong.

It may well be stronger than an ARB I dont know, but half the ARB issue is that it looks right and I dont "extreme" offroad so Im unlikely to need something "that" strong.......and I know it improves approach angles as the bumper is further back, but there is no way on earth Im cutting my safari grille to fit my winch !!!.....theres a few fabricators over here that make some pretty nice bumpers at good prices, but they all require grille cutting to fit the winch, and as I say ignoring my grille "issue", I think ANY disco looks awful with the grille cut, to me looks like the bumpers to small and the design messed up and it had to be cut to fit it lol.

There is also no mention of Airbag compatibilty with the hlcfab one, and thats an important point for me, the ARB's are airbag certified.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my local store (4 Wheel Parts) said "they're out of stock across the country"...he's "negative" in his computer which he said means ARB cant keep up with orders.

aka, i cant' help but better understand your challenge.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM
TReK

Just talked to a guy in Tennessee and he had a few connections with other stores on the east coast. He called me back and told me there is only a few ARB3432060 available right now for Land Rover Bumpers. He thought that was only for 03-04, but a couple websites list it as 99-02 as well. Im not sure if that one works for you, but here's a link to one of the places that has one.

http://www.oconeeoffroad.com/servlet...Bumper,/Detail

Three places now have told me that they dont keep ARB3432120 in stock, but order them only if a customer places an order through their store. I guess its not a very commonly sought after bumper?? Its annoying hearing my places say "We only sell Jeep ARB bumpers..." Im kinda out of places to call, but let me know if the ARB3432060 is worth looking into.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Cam, thats great, THANKS a lot for what you have done, it is most appreciated and I hope one day I could return the favour.

Both bumpers will fit either model year, its just the one I listed has apertures for the factory fog lights for the Facelift D2, where as the other you linked to does not. I looked at both a LOT and decided on the facelift one as I like LIGHTS lol, but on the flip side the non fog version has front recovery points "built" in and the fog version dont, as we all know its a trade off whatever we buy.

The only problem is the link you provided sells the "cheaper" version at more money than the other places sell the fog version (if that makes sense) I know thats not your issue and please believe me Im not complaining at all, just looking at all options.

So the link you provided have one in stock and "could" get it to Greensboro by the 27th "ish" ?

BTW if you have incurred ANY costs, e-mail me your PAYPAL address and I will cover those.

Last edited by Urban Panzer; 11-20-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM
TReK

No worries, i haven't incurred any costs at all.
I just called the guy at Oconee Off Road and he is checking with his vendor to see if there are any in stock for sure. His computer says one in stock, but he's just making sure. Ill post back as soon as he calls me.

Quick Reply: ARB bumper Disco 2 (help for purchase)