Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ashtray's official selfhelp/progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
@jafir, that radiator bleed screw website is just a picture and description, there is no buy button and the nearest BMW dealer is about 160 miles away. What do I do?

edit: There is a Mercedes Dealership in the town I'm in right now. Currently I'm not in San Antonio that is my problem.
British Parts of Utah-Land Range Rover Sport LR4 LR3 LR2 Discovery Defender Freelander Genuine OEM Accessories Parts

2nd column, 2nd pic down.

PCH000460K

$7

Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

worn leather around 4x4 shifter and ebrake boot
Rovers North - The Source for Classic Land Rover Parts - E BRAKE & TRANSFER BOOT KIT DI, DII

Old 08-17-2012, 01:32 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

The A pillars on the sides of the windshield are like that because the tabs holding them onto the body are plastic and broken. Most likely by the last person who replaced the windshield. They are available at a reasonable price from the dealer but are a pain in the a@@ to install by yourself. A good LR tech would know how to do it. Most window guys do not.

I just had my windshield replaced and took it to my indy LR guy who took it to a glass shop, The glass shop guys broke the tabs on the plastic putting them back on. My indy guy went over to the dealer and bought two new plastic A pillar trims and billed them to the glass shop.

By the way, the new ones at the dealer are a matte finish which matches the other no longer shiney black plastic perfectly.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

@jafir, that radiator bleed screw website is just a picture and description, there is no buy button and the nearest BMW dealer is about 160 miles away. What do I do?

edit: There is a Mercedes Dealership in the town I'm in right now. Currently I'm not in San Antonio that is my problem.
There website is about the least modern I've ever seen. You cannot add things to a cart. You have to click *order form* at the top, and fill it all out manually.

https://bputah.com/bporder

Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

As to the rubber mat around the gear shift, and the other rubber mats, on the dashboard and inside the door pockets... They are easily removable and clean up like new with a run through the dishwasher.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it, thanks. I'm gonna order for it to be shipped to my place in San Antonio. Do you think anything bad will happen on the drive from Laredo to San Antonio, its about 150 miles. Or is it paramount that I get it immediately? And the reason I'm getting it shipped to San antonio rather than laredo is because I must be in San Antonio on Monday and I doubt the part will arrive within the allotted time frame from here to then(friday to sunday).

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Dave03S
The A pillars on the sides of the windshield are like that because the tabs holding them onto the body are plastic and broken. Most likely by the last person who replaced the windshield. They are available at a reasonable price from the dealer but are a pain in the a@@ to install by yourself. A good LR tech would know how to do it. Most window guys do not.

I just had my windshield replaced and took it to my indy LR guy who took it to a glass shop, The glass shop guys broke the tabs on the plastic putting them back on. My indy guy went over to the dealer and bought two new plastic A pillar trims and billed them to the glass shop.

By the way, the new ones at the dealer are a matte finish which matches the other no longer shiney black plastic perfectly.
I'll probably get this all done when I replace the wind shield as it has a HUGE crack in it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Originally Posted by Dave03S
As to the rubber mat around the gear shift, and the other rubber mats, on the dashboard and inside the door pockets... They are easily removable and clean up like new with a run through the dishwasher.
Got it.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Mudding

What is this plug? There is one on each side and they are both fixed down and not just loose.
Name:  IMG_0291.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  74.8 KB

edit: Also, does anyone know of an indy LR tech in San Antonio worth recommending?

Last edited by ashtray; 08-17-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

What is this plug? There is one on each side and they are both fixed down and not just loose.

edit: Also, does anyone know of an indy LR tech in San Antonio worth recommending?
Heated windscreen.

I added one to my 03. You need the button, the relay, and someone to reprogram the BCU you know it's there.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jafir
Heated windscreen.

I added one to my 03. You need the button, the relay, and someone to reprogram the BCU you know it's there.
Interesting. Thank you.

UPDATE:Just ordered the radiator hose bleed screw. About to order an Ultragauge. Any specific model on that?

8/17/12

Old 08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Rock Crawling

Interesting. Thank you.

UPDATE:Just ordered the radiator hose bleed screw. About to order an Ultragauge. Any specific model on that?

8/17/12

I believe the ultragauge only has 2 models...the "new" one and the "old" one...get the "new" one...it wont say new but you'll figure it out.

Quick Reply: Ashtray's official selfhelp/progress thread