Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Assaulted by my Disco

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Assaulted by my Disco

So I was driving down the road when all of a sudden I was struck in the face by something. It landed on my hand and for some reason I thought it was a bug or something and threw my arm(with the object on it) towards the window. It flew out. About 3 seconds later I realized that it was the horn button. It had popped out and the spring was hanging out of the steering wheel. By the time I went back to look for it, the piece had been run over several times.

I have been looking for this piece for a while now. Several places have the switches including the plastic button, but not the button by itself. Anyone know of a place that might sell me just the piece?

And for the rest of you, don't be a victim of your Discos abuse....I will be holding support sessions for those that need it.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 AM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rofl

Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That piece broke on mine and I had to replace the whole switch assembly.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:04 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats one of those things you're going to have to find someone parting out. We had a post recently where the guy had a wrecked disco, it was a poll, maybe you could ask him for his. Also check roverlandparts.com they might work out something with you.

And remember... abuse does not have to happen. We are here for you in this time of pain and suffering.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry for your loss!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 PM

I'll bring the donuts and cheap coffee

Old 05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Admitting that there is a problem is the first step to recovery.
We are here to help you in your time of need.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Rock Crawling

O My Goodness,

If I were you I'd be on the lookout for the next few months, some machines are or can become...well ******, look at the T-800 series.

or it could be...

You have your Disco running like a watch and havent had a chance to give it a lil attention (oil change, filter - WAX) and it just wanted to reach out and give you a lil squeeze

BUT THEN you threw the piece out the window (personnally I'm supprized the engine didn't vapor lock right there, must have been a car right behind you), you should make every effort to recover the (dare I say) discarded item and return it to the vehicle, call out the K-9's if you have to, even if its squished put it in the glove box. Your Disco will feel better just knowing its home and safe.

On the othe hand if you make no effort - you should not stick your head under the raised hood or out the window - be under the vehicle checking loose motor mounts and tranny bolts, and don't trust what you see in the rear view mirrors for at least two months.

Keep us posted

Old 05-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will watch my back. It must be the "meteor" plugs taking over my disco. Usually it has a pretty good sense of humor, but never before has it taken a swipe at me. Maybe I should just put it in its place. Take the tires off and put it on blocks for a few days?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM
JAC
Three Wheeling

Same thing happened to me last night on the way home from work. The button popped off and hit me on the chin. Luckily, it stayed in the vehicle--but one of the prongs is broken. I don't know why my Disco is pissed at me. I've only had it for a week!