Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Assaulted by my Disco

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009 | 01:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Idaho, I laughed so hard I got the hiccups.

The horn button broke on mine too. The wire was touching and the horn just sat there and blared for like, 5 seconds while I tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Stupid buttons.

Old 06-03-2009 | 01:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I hear the horn button pops off when you lie to someone you love...

Old 06-03-2009 | 02:34 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by salve7
Thats true.

Old 06-03-2009 | 05:31 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by salve7
I'll be lucky if I make it home from work then. thanks.

Old 06-09-2009 | 03:40 PM
1st Gear

I've had the same problem too, I'm looking for a replacment button cap without buying the wiring assembly. I know someone is holding on to all the caps, he's the one with all the missing socks too.

Old 08-03-2009 | 09:00 PM
|
Three Wheeling

So I felt the need to post again here. It has happened again. This time on the way down from Hell Roaring Lake in the Sawtooths(google it....its wonderful). I was coming down the mountain, and I hit a well hidden hole in the road with the driver side front wheel. My head was thrown into the "oh **** handle". I saw white. It almost knocked me out. I had to stop for about 15 minutes and try to control myself. I very badly wanted to tear that thing out of the car and throw it. But thankfully my wife stopped laughing at me long enough to remind me of how expensive parts are for the disco.

If anyone else has experienced this sensation please post so I don't feel like such a dork. Also, the back seat wont lock up. The pull handle is sticking up and a red band is exposed. Does anyone know how to get the seat to go back to its upright position? Thanks.

Old 08-03-2009 | 09:10 PM
Pro Wrench

hey !
my '98 pees on me !! usually only after a rain though, do ya think it's a coincidence ?

Old 08-03-2009 | 10:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by IDAHO
So I was driving down the road when all of a sudden I was struck in the face by something. It landed on my hand and for some reason I thought it was a bug or something and threw my arm(with the object on it) towards the window. It flew out. About 3 seconds later I realized that it was the horn button. It had popped out and the spring was hanging out of the steering wheel. By the time I went back to look for it, the piece had been run over several times.

I have been looking for this piece for a while now. Several places have the switches including the plastic button, but not the button by itself. Anyone know of a place that might sell me just the piece?

And for the rest of you, don't be a victim of your Discos abuse....I will be holding support sessions for those that need it.
That cracked me up man! Thanks for sharing. I will certainly join your sessions should she ever become violent with me!

Old 08-04-2009 | 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling

The hood latch is in just the right spot to smack me on the back of the head when I work under the hood, so I just started taking it off if I ever work on the car