Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic British Selling 4.6 Tophat lined motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Atlantic British Selling 4.6 Tophat lined motors

Just received in my inbox...another motor replacement option other than Cannibal V8 and GPR for 3.9, 4.0 and 4.6 Rover engines
Land Rover Engines: Short Block Engines For Land Rovers And Range Rovers

Our remanufactured engines correct this sleeve pressure seal problem by machining out the defective sleeves and replacing them with all new, top hat sleeves that feature a specially-designed top flange that secures/seals the sleeves with the engine heads, preventing gasses from escaping around the sleeve tops and ensuring the sleeves will not loosen or drop over time. Each original engine block is parallel-decked to the main bearing saddle which provides even compression across the entire block. These process modifications protect against compression gas leaks while improving the performance of the Land Rover short block or long block engine.

Our premium engine rebuilds match original Land Rover short blocks to a set of brand new engine components which include specially-designed cam bearings as well as new camshafts, timing chains, timing gears, rod bolts, piston rings, flanged sleeves, crossbolt seals, main seals, main bearings, rod bearings, freeze plugs and a brand-new polished crankshaft.

I love this
Tech Tip: Oil Pressure, Stuck Valves & Overheating: 3.9, 4.0 and 4.6 Rover engines run at relatively low oil pressure. Aging engines that have cycled dirty or gritty oil at any point in their lifespan can collect grit in the oil pump pressure valve. Since these engines run at low relative pressure, it does not take much grit to "stick" the oil pressure valve spring permanently open, causing consistent and damaging engine overheating. BEFORE installing any new engine, it's important to check your oil pressure and ensure your oil pressure valve is clean and functioning properly (especially if your old engine exhibited frequent overheating problems.) Failure to correct oil pressure problems when installing a new engine may result in the same overheating and damage with your new engine and void it's warranty

ShortBlocks start at 4495
longblocks start at 5995

Last edited by Yoops Racing; 01-21-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

They've been selling the blocks for a while.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can buy another Disco for that price.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah with all the same ****ty engineering that causes people to have to buy restored and corrected engines...

Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty sure they send me that email 3-5 days a week! I always fall for it and open them too. I always think maybe just maybe it'll be a coupon I can use on a part I actually need, but each time ends with disappointment. Sure wish I could unsubscribe but I just know the minute I do I'm gonna miss something good!

Thank you RN for not constantly blowing up my email daily.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

they have had them about 6-9 months, I couldn't find out who was doing the rebuild.
but the other rebuilds they sell come from Turner "I believe"

just me but for that kind of money I would want more than a 12 month warrentee

Last edited by drowssap; 01-22-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Madlands
Pretty sure they send me that email 3-5 days a week! I always fall for it and open them too. I always think maybe just maybe it'll be a coupon I can use on a part I actually need, but each time ends with disappointment. Sure wish I could unsubscribe but I just know the minute I do I'm gonna miss something good!

Thank you RN for not constantly blowing up my email daily.
Not a problem

Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
They've been selling the blocks for a while.
I knew they were selling blocks for a while. I did not know they were TopHat lined. This just gives owners another option for when, not if their motors detonate...

Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's funny I get e-mail's from them also just in case they have something worth buying. Pretty good site layout and how to video's just not sure why there prices are so high. I always find the same part our better somewhere else online for less.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of their prices are better some worse, its the shipping some of the other guys get ya with! I had my shocks and coils shipped from AB for like 15$, and it came in two days. Although if you ever have to return something, expect to not get your money back, I'm fighting with them now about that.

Quick Reply: Atlantic British Selling 4.6 Tophat lined motors