Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic British steel bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Atlantic British steel bumper

So I was pretty excited to get the new steel bumper from AB in last week and mounted. The old bumper cover was cracked up, (thanks to one of my employee's I let drive my Disco, non-admitting of course) so I finally pulled the plug
on a 500 dollar steel bumper and couldn't be happier with the looks.

I will say per the AB video for bumper replacement, do yourself a favor and pull the hitch before installing. The video says to loosen the bolts on the hitch and let it drop down to accommodate the steel plate that slides between the frame
and hitch but I had no luck so I took hitch off, mounted bumper, then put hitch back on. Maybe they had an easier time in the video since they were on a lift.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Winching
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

That looks great!

Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscoBuckeye
That looks great!
Thanks! Well worth the money over the plastic cover for the same money.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Winching
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hankeester
Thanks! Well worth the money over the plastic cover for the same money.
My rear bumper is in good shape right now but those bumperlet wing things just above in the corners are a mess. A metal bumper is on the list for me.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:50 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hankeester
I will say per the AB video for bumper replacement, do yourself a favor and pull the hitch before installing. The video says to loosen the bolts on the hitch and let it drop down to accommodate the steel plate that slides between the frame
and hitch but I had no luck so I took hitch off

I’m pretty sure that’s why their video pauses then picks up as they are screwing it in. They figured out you can’t not remove the hitch. Attempted it their way today and wasted time before finding your advice. I’ll try again tomorrow. Anyone know if there’s a difference between AB and the HECASA brand on Amazon?

Old 06-29-2022, 08:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts

my son and i just put that bumper on my '04 and had to drop the trailer hitch. in fact, we found it easiest to take the entire hitch apart so we could line up the bolts through the hitch receiver, the bumper flange and into the frame. after that was all mounted and tightened, then we reassembled the hitch side arms and bolted them back together.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:30 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

I have an HSE and am lucky that the bumper is currently in great shape, but was wondering:

Has anyone drilled holes and installed the parking sensors in the steel bumper for that system? I don’t know if the steel introduces interference or the like and just wondered.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by longtallsally
I have an HSE and am lucky that the bumper is currently in great shape, but was wondering:

Has anyone drilled holes and installed the parking sensors in the steel bumper for that system? I don’t know if the steel introduces interference or the like and just wondered.

mine is an HSE as well, and I’m not thrilled about the lack of placement for them. Wondered if the two circular holes would do, but I don’t see them fitting

Old 06-29-2022, 01:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

I like the rear tyre cover as Brooklyn 4x4 are only 20 mins form where I live, its traveled well

Old 06-29-2022, 02:20 PM
Drifting

Spend the extra $$ and order AB brand. I went with HECASA and it looks like they put the sides on opposite of what they should be. Sent it back and giving AB a try, unless anyone has another brand that fits more closely. It’s almost like the sides on mine were upside down or inverted. They could not be manipulated to fit correctly, and keep the plastic side panels

Quick Reply: Atlantic British steel bumper