Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlantic British VS. Rovers North

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Atlantic British VS. Rovers North

So an old girlfriend of mine who used to work for a "high end" used car dealership (mostly selling exotics and luxury vehicles) suggested I use Rovers North for ordering parts (she had never heard of Atlantic British, only remembers their mechanic mentioning rovers north a couple of times) however all I have heard mention of on here is AB. Just curious if you guys have any reason to suggest one over the other? bad customer service, wrong parts, cheaper or anything like that?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Atlantic British VS. Rovers North

Rovers North is great. I buy from them fairly regularly. Personally I have no complaints, the only thing I've really heard that's bad about them is their shipping, but their warehouse is only about 2 hours from me so it's really not a problem.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Atlantic British is my favorite, but ill buy from whoever has the cheapest price (including shipping).

Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every Rover place that I've bought from and talked to (AB,British Pacific, DAP)with problems that I've had have been great I think and the prices are all pretty competitive. I didn't even realize it until recently but Atlantic British is literally 10 minutes from my house, so yeah I just drive over there and get what I need now.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard RN has a base amount for shipping so if you order something small the shipping might cost more than the part. I haven't ordered from them but have from AB. RoverConnection seems to have the best prices (I check there first), but they don't carry as much stuff as the other two.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks alot guys, I didn't even realize there were too many more around so I will have to check those out too.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:49 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard good and bad about Rover Connection. They do tend to have good prices but their selection is more limited than the others. I have ordered strictly from Atlantic British up to this point because they have always had what I was looking for. Land Rover Repair Forum is another good source, especially for Magnecor wires, but their website is rather limited. You're better off calling LRRF and talking to Tony if you don't see something on their website.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I also prefer AB. They're only an hour away from me. Really nice people and if you send an email inquiry for a part, they are quick to get back to you.

Eric

Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

AB all the way, I have ordered from RN and got raped on shipping.
RoverConnection wont give you a shipping price, they change a % of your total plus a handling charge, no thanks.
AB offers several shipping options, I always use FedEx Home Delivery.
Order on Mon. have it at my dooron Wed.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

AB is run by awesome people, when you call them they are VERY helpful. Also, I have noticed that AB has more than Rovers North from an inventory standpoint, BUT Rovers North has some more interesting things that AB doesnt have. For example, RN has a better selection of wheel covers and hard to findaccessories. Both of them have pretty good sites, each with their flaws. I like the both and have has great results from each, at this point I just check to see who had what and who is cheaper. AB usually wins that 3 out of 5 times.

DAP-INC is pretty good too, but they dont have as much and I have heard good an bad from them. My single experience was good, and they send cool stickers. I love stickers.

Rover connection is always the most expensive I will never buy from them.

Quick Reply: Atlantic British VS. Rovers North