Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in a Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was finally able to find some time to do some shopping for and work on the D2 today.

I bought almost everything on DiscoMike's list except for PCV separator, Magnecor 8MM's, air filter, serpentine belt (I need to find out whether I have ACE and/or SLS), thermostat, brass drain plugs, crank position sensor, fuel pump, and a MAF.

I also have decided to rebuild the front driveshaft myself. So I bought the Neapco 1-0005 and need to get the Precision 617 from NAPA tomorrow. Is there anything else that I may need? Are there any driveshaft rebuild instructions anywhere?

After siphoning in some 93 octane from my Volvo, the D2 started right up and I was able to shift it and drive it.

So I drove the truck around the lot and by the frantic gesticulating that I saw from others in the lot, I also have a coolant leak on the right front (passenger) corner of the truck to address. Any idea of what could be leaking? It was too dark by the time I parked the truck to see what it could be.

Also when I drove it, it felt like it was stuck in first gear, this post https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29297 led me to think that my MAF needs to be changed. So when I was buying the 60k service items...... I had a bit of sticker shock.... For the MAF, Advance Auto Parts wants $490+ ?!?!?!? I'll be calling the dealer on Monday and getting a quote from them.