Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad engine Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009 | 01:06 PM
|
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Bad engine Mount

Thanks Mike.

Seems I found a centering ball Kit on Summit Racing. But waiting to see if they can send it to Mexico.

I have the new set of u Joints here but dont Know if I should replace them and balance the Drive Shaft or wait and see if I can Get the Centering Ball from Summit Racing. I have also the new Tranny Mount waiting to Go In.

On another post from You i Read That If I dont Replace the Centering Ball I Will Keep on having these vibration.

Seems the easy way out is to see if I replace U Joints and Mount will do the trick but Im a little sceptic about It.

I took My car to a shop last week. They mounted the car on a support thing that alowed the weels to spin freely and The bibration was really hard. at least Much harder than when I drive it on the road. Do you know why?

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:29 AM
|
Three Wheeling

[align=left]Hi again Mike ... cant seem to find that precision 617 or center ball kit but found this on Napa .. Is this what I Need ? or where can I get it? man this thing is playing hard to get .....cant find it anywere.
IĀ“ve been thinking of buying a new D Shaft and be done with It.
[/align]

Click on image to see enlarged view

function ViewImage() { var imgSrc = (document.getElementById('PartImage')).src; var newWindow = window.open(imgSrc, 'popup_win', 'width=450, height=450,toolbar=0, location=0,directories=0,status=0,menuBar=0,scroll Bars=0,resizable=1'); newWindow.focus(); } function SetImage(obj) { var imgUrl = obj.options[obj.selectedIndex].value; var imgTag = document.getElementById('PartImage'); imgTag.src = imgUrl; } Item#: PUJ611

Price: $13.99
tax and shipping not included

Disclaimer: The stated price may vary from the in store price and may change at anytime.

Attributes:
Product Features:Allows Replacement of Inexpensive Component of Complete Kit.
Fits Part #(s):604 & 606

Note: There is no Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available for this Product

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:51 AM
Winching

What you are looking for is here:

http://www.rockauto.com/

[IMG]local://upfiles/12058/7529DD374ABB47D08F5774E1BFEC1DA1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-09-2009 | 08:50 AM
Baja

ORIGINAL: javoli001

"The parts will be worthless to you. You need the equipment to rebuild the shaft and it has to be balanced. Most driveline shops aren't set up to these shafts and won't be able to help you. If you find one that can they'll charge around 300-400 to fix it. We just sell the complete shaft, the parts are for me to build them. "

Is this true.?
No, it's complete BS. Here are the parts you need.
http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showp...mp;postcount=1

If you use Neapco's PDQ u-joints you can do it for less than $100 in parts.
If you're careful doing it (putting things back together with the same orientation) you can often get away not rebalancing it, though that's typically only $50).

When using non-sealed u-joints they only do any good if you lube them properly, every oil change. If you're not going to do that (and good intentions don't count), then you're better off using sealed u-joints, they'll last longer.

Is this what I Need ? or where can I get it?
That's the seal that's in the centering kit, but you need the whole kit. Any good autoparts store should be able to get it.
NAPA
O'Reilly
Parts Plus

Advance and Autozone can get the Neapco/PDQ part
Any local driveline shop can get either of them as well.

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:08 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Thank You VERY MUCH ... finally found it in Rock auto. Napa wont ship to Mexico.
I allready contacted them so ItĀ“s Just a Matter of Time.

And Anti christ Yes it seemed like BS. but thanks for the advise and Ive turned somewhat Mechanical these last Year with my Disco. They are not very common cars in Mexico and we depend on LR Shops For Parts witch are Way to Expensive For example a Transfer Case costs 7700 USD Plus Tax plus Installation so it adds Up to arround 10,000 a simple U Joint non Greaseable costs 285 USD Plus everithing else. So Ive been Buying all these parts from Online shops. I have other cars but Really Love my disco since it was my Grandfathers who Left it To Me. So Thanks again for Your advise.

Old 02-09-2009 | 12:42 PM
|
Three Wheeling

Man someone has to be kidding ... Called Rock auto and they said that these Precision 617 Kit is for a Jeep and does not show on ther system That it can be Used with a Land Rover Discovery... Are they Campatible ??

ItĀ“s Not that Much Money 42 USD Shipping Included To Mexico Just dont want to wait for a Part that will not Fit My Disco.

Allmost there ... Please Help...

Old 02-09-2009 | 02:10 PM
Winching

Man someone has to be kidding ... Called Rock auto and they said that these Precision 617 Kit is for a Jeep and does not show on ther system That it can be Used with a Land Rover Discovery... Are they Campatible ??

ItĀ“s Not that Much Money 42 USD Shipping Included To Mexico Just dont want to wait for a Part that will not Fit My Disco.

Allmost there ... Please Help...
javoli001,

It does not show in Rock Auto's database, but I assure you, the Precision 617 is compatible

Disco Mike will concur as well

Old 02-09-2009 | 06:06 PM
|
Three Wheeling

OK Nwindth

just bought it from rock auto ..Also Bought a new set of U Joints and a Tranny Mount ... Hope vibration goes away
But will Keep You Posted.

Actually have my first disco Trip next Month to a Beach next to the border of Guatemala. hope My Disco is in shape. Ill send some pictures.

Thanks for the Pointers. Great Help. autstanding Forum.

Old 02-10-2009 | 11:50 AM
Administrator

[align=left]Hi again Mike ... cant seem to find that precision 617 or center ball kit but found this on Napa .. Is this what I Need ? or where can I get it? man this thing is playing hard to get .....cant find it anywere.
IĀ“ve been thinking of buying a new D Shaft and be done with It.
[/align]

Sorry, didn't see your question. No, you need the complete centering ball kit.

Click on image to see enlarged view

function ViewImage() { var imgSrc = (document.getElementById('PartImage')).src; var newWindow = window.open(imgSrc, 'popup_win', 'width=450, height=450,toolbar=0, location=0,directories=0,status=0,menuBar=0,scroll Bars=0,resizable=1'); newWindow.focus(); } function SetImage(obj) { var imgUrl = obj.options[obj.selectedIndex].value; var imgTag = document.getElementById('PartImage'); imgTag.src = imgUrl; } Item#: PUJ611

Price: $13.99
tax and shipping not included

Disclaimer: The stated price may vary from the in store price and may change at anytime.

Attributes:
Product Features:Allows Replacement of Inexpensive Component of Complete Kit.
Fits Part #(s):604 & 606

Note: There is no Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available for this Product