Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor Question

I have been having A/C issues since I bought my Disco 1. I thought it might be the 134 level was low but after riding in my other car I am begining to think it is the blower motor. In my Taurus the air that comes out of the vents have force behind it, like a common fan on maybe a low setting. When in the Disco I bet it would barely move my hair in the drivers seat.

Do the Discos by default blow air this lightly? The air that does come out of the vents is cold, but the force isnt enough to keep the cab very cool.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Blower Motor Question

So what is your question, are you not getting enough air flow from your vents? It has nothing to do with your freon.
Have you checked your blower motor to see if it is plugged with leaves??
Rovers usually put out a large volumn of cold air but can't be compared to cars. Check a friends Rover and compare air flows.
Mike

Old 08-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks Discomike,

Landzu hooked me up with a full A/C checkup. Looks like I was a little low on refrigerant and my blower was blowing similar to his. It appears that the Land Rovers design is not sufficient enough for TX heat.

Thanks Mike for the help (Landzu).

Old 08-11-2006, 04:48 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I could help.

Mike

Old 08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: dmonares

Thanks Discomike,

Landzu hooked me up with a full A/C checkup. Looks like I was a little low on refrigerant and my blower was blowing similar to his. It appears that the Land Rovers design is not sufficient enough for TX heat.

You might want to check further regarding the cold output. I have run Death Valley and the Calif. high deserts and my truck flat out is freezing, you may have a control head problem causing the heater to mix in some hot air with the cold. Have you run the a/c self test to see if there are any codes?
As a last resort, you might want to consider by-passing the heater during the summer to get more cold air.
Mike

Old 08-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

ORIGINAL: dmonares

Thanks Discomike,

You might want to check further regarding the cold output. I have run Death Valley and the Calif. high deserts and my truck flat out is freezing, you may have a control head problem causing the heater to mix in some hot air with the cold. Have you run the a/c self test to see if there are any codes?
As a last resort, you might want to consider by-passing the heater during the summer to get more cold air.
Mike
Nah, it is not super cold but it is comfortable and our weather out here is over 105* with the heat index.