Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake fuse was blowing, Horn and right indicator not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brake fuse was blowing, Horn and right indicator not working

Hi guys!!

I have a 94 Disco, 3.9, and yesterday and this weekend a friend of mine took it to a ride. Yesterday, he called me and said that the shift lever was stuck in park. The engine could easily turned on and off, but the lever was the problem.

When I got there, checked the fuses and the brake fuse was gone. Replaced it, and the lever started working, but after a minute, I realized that the indicator lighths were not working, and the stop lamps were not working too (when I replaced the fuse, the lights worked).Also, Irealized that the hornwas not working.So... I came to my house, turned off the engine and left it in Neutral position and secured.

Today, I searched for this problem in this forum, and found that a common problem is a short between the third light and the rear defroster. Replaced the fuse, checked the plugs and I really dont remember if there was a short, but I separed them very well. Then, checked the brake lights, working, checked the turn signals, working, checked the horn, not working. Then, Iwent to a ride around the block, and now the horn is still not working, the brake lights are working, and the left indicator is working, but not the right one. I turned on and off the engine several times, and also turned on and off the indicator lighs and emergency lighs, and now the fuse isnot blowing.

When I turn on the right indicator,Ihear the relay, but the light in the dashboard does not turn on. The left one is working fine.

Any idea? is it a common problem?

Thanks all for your help!!