Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Owner...get stoked

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Gripen
I wonder how the title, The Three Amigos, came about for this issue? Considering that these are British-made vehicles, wouldn't The Three Blokes or some sort be more appropriate?
Let's not argue semantics here....

Old 11-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

he's got a point... could be the 3 blokes. could also be the 3 lads, but I'm thinkin' the most appropriate would be the 3 hooligans (although my British slang ain't what it used to was).

Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jamestfl
he's got a point... could be the 3 blokes. could also be the 3 lads, but I'm thinkin' the most appropriate would be the 3 hooligans (although my British slang ain't what it used to was).
Wanka's
Gadges
Charvers

That's all I got.

Interesting point. Hooligans comes from the name of a rowdy Irish family that moved to London many years ago a started causing trouble. They were called the Hoolihans. But over the years the pronunciation of the word got altered and it came to mean trouble makers.

Or so I heard from a bloke in a pub.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...who would've thought a question about my engine idle and the transmission would've lead to a 3 amigos debate, haha. See, people said "don't buy a land rover", etc. and if I had not bought it I never would've seen this dialogue regarding the origin of "3 amigos". Personally, I think Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short had something to do with it...

I'm doing a brake job tomorrow afternoon and will check the transmission fluid level at that time and start with that! Thanks again for all the input, and amigo dialogue...lol. P.S. I tried to upload a picture of my beauty but I have email issues on my phone so I will try to upload on a desktop this weekend/next week.
-Cookie