Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

British Cars, LLC. in Knoxville Tn

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question British Cars, LLC. in Knoxville Tn

Alright, I'm stuck with a problem and will be extremely impressed with the boards if you guys can help me solve this one. A few weeks back you may remember me posting about someone knocking out the back window/damaging the lower rear quarter pannels of my 04. Well I had an adjuster look at it and now have a sizable check to fix the damage, but one more huge problem....The mechanic I use here in Knoxville Tn, Kenney at British Cars LLC., has moved and I cannot find him to save my life. All the contact info I have for him isn't current now (phone #s) and the directions I was given from the guys working beside his old location were less than ideal. I hate to have anyone else do the work, as we all know finding a knowledgable/trustworthy LR mechanic with fair rates is rare. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Joseph

Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Did his shop move, or just him? If shop moved, and are in the process of setting up elsewhere, perhaps they have forwarding address with post office, send him a note. Ditto if you can use a reverse lookup directory to find address for old phone number.

If shop did not move, take a stamped envelope in there and talk them into putting his address on it and dropping it in their outgoing mail. He may have left on good terms.

Ask the Snap On salesman....

On the other hand, maybe he left so he could work for a place with higher labor rates. And good body work is not restricted to Rover techs, just be sure you don't go to the Bondo Bandito..

Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Mudding

The entire shop moved! Just some junk parts left outside. I haven't thought about trying to get a letter or anything to him. I considered leaving a note on the door of the old shop just in case he ever came back by. Other than that, I put a similar post on the local Craigslist here hoping a local LR guy might see it. I'm kinda outta options after that

Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Well, he may have closed up and left town, but he probably left a fowarding address. He may have been renting the building, the property owner or rental agent may know where to send something to him. But I would think, if leaving for new space, job 1 is "we moved to xyz" sign.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Mudding

Yea the lady and I were discussing that yesterday while we were riding around looking for the new shop....My guess is he stays so swamped he just figured he'd be covered and customers like me would just hunt him down.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
TReK

maybe they were unable to negotiate a new lease for the building. Property owners aren't going to allow a sign that says 'We moved across town..etc.' if there is no lease agreement. Have you tried facebook?

Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

see if you can talk with the UPS or FedEx driver in that area if you see them. Those drivers know every nook and cranny. Of course, FedEx is famous for that.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Mudding

Ok I'll start going a little "extreme" with my search here. I'll talk to fed ex in the area, leave a note on the old door, hell I may even leave signs up and down the side of the road....

Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

As much hassle as it may be, could be easier than training a new mechanic, and cheaper...

Old 11-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Mudding

FOUND IT!!!! I had to go back to the original shop location and have the neighbors give me some "directions" for the third time (the guy I had been talking to was pretty annoyed at this point), but they worked! The shop was closed when I got there, so I'm heading back today. Thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply: British Cars, LLC. in Knoxville Tn