Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which budget tire?
Treadwright Crawlers
28.57%
Kenda Klevers
71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Budget tire poll, Kenda Klevers vs Treadwright Crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Running LT265/75/R16 Klevers on my '03. Went for the 16" as 18" were almost impossible to get. Picked up a cheap set of 16" rims and very satisifed with them. Not a lot of road noise or vibration on the road. The only issue I have is in very deep mud they dont self clean but for the price they are well worth the money. Got mine off Amazon.

Attached Thumbnails Budget tire poll, Kenda Klevers vs Treadwright Crawlers-img_1064.jpg   Budget tire poll, Kenda Klevers vs Treadwright Crawlers-img_0091.jpg  
Old 02-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toofaroffroad
Are you running the stock D2 wheels? I wouldn't think it's safe to run the 235/85/16 on the 8" stock wheel. Maybe if you never air-down.
I could be crazy.
Regarding the tires, my buddy had Kenda, good mud tire. Make a bit of a hum on pavement but...they are mud tires, they all do.

If you are looking for a third option. I have swamper Irok radial in 265/75/16
Amazing tires on and off road and man where they cheap. I've had them for a year so far. Very happy.
Toofar,

I can get the Super Swampers local from 4-wheel parts cheaper than the Kenda. How have they wore and do they self clean? Also, how are they on rocks and snow?

Old 02-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by G Reeves
Running LT265/75/R16 Klevers on my '03. Went for the 16" as 18" were almost impossible to get. Picked up a cheap set of 16" rims and very satisifed with them. Not a lot of road noise or vibration on the road. The only issue I have is in very deep mud they dont self clean but for the price they are well worth the money. Got mine off Amazon.
How do you like those Rocky Road sliders? They seem really nice. I want the super sliders with the nerf. They are also some of the thicker ones available right now.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by My6speedz
How do you like those Rocky Road sliders? They seem really nice. I want the super sliders with the nerf. They are also some of the thicker ones available right now.
I like the Rocky Road sliders. I have a number of times hung up on them with out any deforming of them. Also had on ocasion to use them to change a wheel. The other great thing about them is I dont worry when the tin tops open there door in the parking lot!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Maybe I am a bit confused here. Are these tires going on a D1 or D2? D1 wheels DO NOT fit D2 and the stock D2 wheels are 8" wide. D1 wheels are 7" wide. Just clearing that up.

The IRok's are great. Good wear and very quiet for how aggressive the tread is. I would never deal with those bastards at 4 wheel parts. My story is too long to tell in this forum. I guess if you are picking them up at a store it is ok. My issues are with their **** mail order service.

The irks are 10 ply but this did not give any negative effects on feel, noise are milage. I will order these tires again if they are available. They are a great deal yes. I think I paid under $600 for 4 then went out and bought a spare.

I had a warranty issue with one tire but Swamper direct was really good to deal with and super helpful.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Maybe I am a bit confused here. Are these tires going on a D1 or D2? D1 wheels DO NOT fit D2 and the stock D2 wheels are 8" wide. D1 wheels are 7" wide. Just clearing that up.

The IRok's are great. Good wear and very quiet for how aggressive the tread is. I would never deal with those bastards at 4 wheel parts. My story is too long to tell in this forum. I guess if you are picking them up at a store it is ok. My issues are with their **** mail order service.

The irks are 10 ply but this did not give any negative effects on feel, noise are milage. I will order these tires again if they are available. They are a great deal yes. I think I paid under $600 for 4 then went out and bought a spare.

I had a warranty issue with one tire but Swamper direct was really good to deal with and super helpful.
that is a good price.....side wall?

Old 02-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Damn really? Well there goes that.... I don't want to run 18's. Have to find some new 16s I guess.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Rock Crawling

Damn really? Well there goes that.... I don't want to run 18's. Have to find some new 16s I guess

Thats exactly why I bought a set of good 16" rims

Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Three Wheeling

Found a local LR parts guy that says he's going to check what he has in stock and may trade me D1 wheels for D2 wheels. Feel like a derp for not knowing that, but when I thought about it the hubs are completely different right?