Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bull Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bull Bars

all plastic will do in a collision would be brake, if it were metal, it would likely kill the person driving the other car. i don't know how many people get sent to ICU or to their grave due to big metal grille guards. if only they would drive a big ol truck or suv of their own instead of a little toyota hybrid, that'll show em to try to save the earth!

Old 05-10-2005, 04:19 AM
Rock Crawling

The plastic bars are said to be pretty good at taking impacts, only problem is once they have taken a major impact, the second time it hapens they do break.

4x4's are increasing int he UK been targetted by the government, with calls to have the vehicles banned from towns and citys, banned from been used off road. Lots of new laws have come out in recent times, making it harder to go off road, even on private land. A lot of people shouting for them to be banned think it will stop once they are banned, but already it is starting to show that People carriers/MPV's are also now on the list of vehicles to be banned, basically some will not be happy untill we are all walking on foot only..

Old 05-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty soon Trucks and SUV's will be required to have bumpers made of Nerf material,just because some crybaby MP says he's afraid to cross the street. Where I come from,you could have a cast iron cowcatcher with railway spikes welded to it bolted on the front of your truck.People seldom jaywalk in my hometown.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

what ever happened to LOOKING BOTH WAYS BEFORE YOU CROSS

am i the only one who learned anyhting from Sesame Streat?

Old 05-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: Bene

what ever happened to LOOKING BOTH WAYS BEFORE YOU CROSS

am i the only one who learned anyhting from Sesame Streat?

werd

Old 05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle

i told my dad about this forum, his response was this:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Old 05-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

he also said this was another reason he was happy to be an American, i'm proud to be a Texan!

Old 05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
8th Gear

Hi
Jay walking???????
We don't have Jay walking across the pond, does it mean you can only cross at traffic lights, zebra crossings etc?
The big thing in the UK is that if a 4 x 4 hits a car side, the car is totally demolished. We have a show called top gear, they basically have cars, 4 x 4's etc and they test drive them and tell you why there good or crap. They also smash the vehicles up simulating a crash, showing you what happens. They are basically saying a 4 x4 completely destroys most cars etc. What they want to happen is for the cars to be designed to protect against all kinds of crashes (side air bags etc), it was also mentioned to make the 4 x 4 weaker.
A very in depth discussion which needs to be looked at from all angles I suppose.

Damon

Old 05-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle

if some people are dumb enough to buy a little car like a 2 door civic, (i really can't talk since i have three mustangs, one being a convertible) and pull out in front of a 4x4 thye deserve to die. again, back the the same old rule that our parents taught us:

look before you cross, or in this case, drive.

if the truck or suv driver is speeding, then they should get a ticket. again, back to the looking before you go!

its not rocket science!

why make a truck/suv weaker? the stronger they are, the safer and more usefull they are

Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear

you might want to check out this web site before fitting any bull bars.
http://www.frontalprotectionsystems.eu/ ... gister.php
They have loads of information about if it is legal or not to have bull bars, the government are having a consultation at the momemnt on bull bar legislation and there is a down load for the presentation they gave at the stakeholders meeting which states that it is illegal to sell them, and that under the road traffic act, the driver may be committing an offence if the vehicle is fitted with a non approved frontal protection system.
The consultation will be on this web site when the DfT get around to psoting it.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/?w=dft[/align]

Quick Reply: Bull Bars