Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bumpers

Looking to replace my stock front bumper. Its all black with no foglights. Looking at maybe a stainless steel one, but not sure what the options are for bumpers. I'd like to get some more clearance under the bumper, so something that doesn't hang as low would be great. What do you guys use, how much did it run you, and where did you get it? Thanks.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

something used is your best option. most bumpers range from $650-$1100 new and shipping is killer. depending on your lift you might want to check your local laws about bumper to ground height. some can fit winches some cant. i have an ARB that i got for $300. some people will say the ARB doesnt have the best approach angle, some will say they never had problems, some will say a certain bumper is weaker or stronger and some will say the powdercoats suck etc etc... its a forever touchy subject. find something you think looks best, and i would try to find it on craiglist nearby or keep searching different rover forums and facebook groups.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
something used is your best option. most bumpers range from $650-$1100 new and shipping is killer. depending on your lift you might want to check your local laws about bumper to ground height. some can fit winches some cant. i have an ARB that i got for $300. some people will say the ARB doesnt have the best approach angle, some will say they never had problems, some will say a certain bumper is weaker or stronger and some will say the powdercoats suck etc etc... its a forever touchy subject. find something you think looks best, and i would try to find it on craiglist nearby or keep searching different rover forums and facebook groups.
If powder coating is really an issue you can always have the bumper sandblasted, then galvanised and resprayed. I plan on doing that to mine this summer.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by thebloody
If powder coating is really an issue you can always have the bumper sandblasted, then galvanised and resprayed. I plan on doing that to mine this summer.
my pockets arent that deep.

99 cent rattle can from wally world is how i roll..

Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
my pockets arent that deep.

99 cent rattle can from wally world is how i roll..
Ah right, I guess 99c is a hell of a lot cheaper than $100+.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by thebloody
Ah right, I guess 99c is a hell of a lot cheaper than $100+.
you find me a place that can sandblast and galvanize a bumper for $100 and ill be there this weekend.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on a new winch bumper from British Atlantic a few months ago. It was the most inexpensive I found (there being no used options available in my area at the time. Time was also an issue for me as my FJ60 destroyed my Disco's original bumper in a driveway incident. You can read about that in my head gasket replacement thread if interested. I had the BA bumper installed and the Disco back on the road before I received a reply from my inquiries to other vendors. Anyway the bumper was an easy install and lined up perfectly. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default here you go

Here you go and shipped to your door.. I saw it yesterday and have to say really nice and heavy duty. even comes with a washer bottle guard..

LAND ROVER FRONT WINCH BUMPER DISCOVERY II 99-02 TF009A TERRAFIRMA ALL MAKES | eBay

Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by vandev
Here you go and shipped to your door.. I saw it yesterday and have to say really nice and heavy duty. even comes with a washer bottle guard..

LAND ROVER FRONT WINCH BUMPER DISCOVERY II 99-02 TF009A TERRAFIRMA ALL MAKES | eBay
guy in our club has one of those. just dented it the other week. though he drives like the road runner runs.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info, but they only ship to business addresses. I don't think the partners in my firm would be too pleased if I had a bumper shipped to the office . Also, I've been looking at bumpers, have decided on the winch-type like in the ebay link you posted (not a big fan of the tubular style), and is it worthwhile to get the washer bottle guard, and what are the differences between a welded recovery point, and the shackle-type recovery points? Pros and Cons? Thanks very much

Quick Reply: Bumpers